A much-anticipated product promises to have a direct impact on search visibility and social engagement.
Google+ brand pages, +Pages, have officially launched. The much-anticipated social product by the search engine giant promises to play a significant role in earned media marketing given its direct impact on search visibility and social engagement.
Similar to Facebook brand pages, +Pages will allow brands to create a social presence on the Google platform - a presence that will impact a brand's search rankings in addition to providing brands with another channel for direct consumer engagement.
The question some of you might be asking is this: is Google+ yet another shiny object in what seems an endless array of social platforms and channels - or, will it become a significant force within your digital marketing mix?
When it comes to the importance of Google+, there are a few key things to consider:
• Google+ is not another social network - it's creating a social data layer that will impact nearly every Google product from search to shopping.
• Google+ will enhance the relationship between search and social media, and elevate the importance of social signals in search.
• Combined with the use of +1, Google+ promises to drive greater synergy across bought, earned, and owned media.
Getting started with Google+:
• Focus on the 3Cs: content, community, and customization. Success in Google+ will be predicated on a winning content strategy, analysis-based audience management best practices, and a focus on customized engagement via Google+ Circles.
• Test and learn. Leverage real-time insights to quickly test and learn what works and what doesn't. Formalize learnings into best practices and optimized engagement strategies.
• Leverage search expertise. Google+ is as much about search as it is social media. There is every indication that social signals from +Pages will impact a brand's natural search results. Bringing to bear SEO expertise in conjunction with social media best practices will be critical to success.
What do you think about the Google+ announcement? Do you plan on launching a Google+ brand Page? You can read about more strategies in the presentation below.
Be sure to share your thoughts and perspectives about Google+!
Join the Industry's Leading eCommerce & Direct Marketing Experts in Chicago
ClickZ Live Chicago (Nov 3-6) will deliver over 50 sessions across 4 days and 10 individual tracks, including Data-Driven Marketing, Social, Mobile, Display, Search and Email. Check out the full agenda and register by Friday, Oct 3 to take advantage of Early Bird Rates!
As vice president, strategy and planning, Alisa Leonard focuses on building connected brands through the strategic interplay of content and community across bought, earned, and owned media. She provides strategic guidance to iCrossing's Live Media Studio, a team of EMMY-nominated web content producers and WOMMA-trained audience managers who execute real-time engagement. Alisa and her team have helped develop social media strategies for top brands, including bebe, Billboard.com, Ally Bank, and BMW, Facebook's no. 1 auto brand.
Alisa doesn't just preach social to clients; she lives it. As a recognized thought leader in social media, she's been named one of AdWeek's "Top 50 Marketers on Twitter" and one of Direct Marketing News' "30 Under 30" marketers to watch. Alisa frequently speaks at industry events, including SXSW Interactive, Web 2.0 Expo, ad:tech, and Social Media Week. She also contributes to Mashable.com and ReadWriteWeb.com, and is the chair of communications for the DataPortability Project – an organization driving thought leadership on the future of the web.
Alisa earned a degree in English from Brigham Young University.
IBM Social Analytics: The Science Behind Social Media Marketing
80% of internet users say they prefer to connect with brands via Facebook. 65% of social media users say they use it to learn more about brands, products and services. Learn about how to find more about customers' attitudes, preferences and buying habits from what they say on social media channels.
An Introduction to Marketing Attribution: Selecting the Right Model for Search, Display & Social Advertising
If you're considering implementing a marketing attribution model to measure and optimize your programs, this paper is a great introduction. It also includes real-life tips from marketers who have successfully implemented attribution in their organizations.
September 23, 2014
September 30, 2014
1:00pm ET/10:00am PT
October 23, 2014
1:00pm ET/10:00am PT