Tidy up your website and marketing efforts with these tips.
People do spend some time tidying up their websites and marketing efforts. Yet, there always seems to be a few things they forget to clean up. Since it's spring, here is a checklist for you to start getting your site in order:
1. Clean up your lists. This is a great time to send out an email to reactivate emails that have either never purchased from you or haven't clicked on a link in one of your emails in a while.
2. Verify your offers. Review your popular pages to make sure your older offers align with your current offers. It may also make sense to try one of your newer offers (ebooks, white papers, sales, etc.) to your inactive list.
3. Update your autoresponder emails (thank you for your order, request for information, etc). Take a look at these emails and try to rewrite them in a friendlier tone. Add social media profile links into the email.
4. Update your thank you pages. There are many cool things you can do on your thank you page. Everything from embedding a thank you-style video that offers extra value to social media sharing options, as well as additional offers. Try something.
5. Check for broken and expired links. Use the following tools:
6. Tags and pixels.
Thanks to the folks at TagMan for these tips.
7. Update your social profiles. Make sure bios, links, photos, and videos are up to date. Use tools like ManageFlitter.com to clean up your Twitter followers, etc.
Bonus: If you had an extra 5 percent marketing budget, what would you experiment with? Find it by cutting your worst performing efforts.
Image on home page via Shutterstock.
Bryan Eisenberg is co-founder and chief marketing officer (CMO) of IdealSpot. He is co-author of the Wall Street Journal, Amazon, BusinessWeek, and New York Times best-selling books Call to Action, Waiting For Your Cat to Bark?, and Always Be Testing, and Buyer Legends. Bryan is a keynote speaker and has keynoted conferences globally such as Gultaggen, Shop.org, Direct Marketing Association, MarketingSherpa, Econsultancy, Webcom, the Canadian Marketing Association, and others for the past 10 years. Bryan was named a winner of the Marketing Edge's Rising Stars Awards, recognized by eConsultancy members as one of the top 10 User Experience Gurus, selected as one of the inaugural iMedia Top 25 Marketers, and has been recognized as most influential in PPC, Social Selling, OmniChannel Retail. Bryan serves as an advisory board member of several venture capital backed companies such as Sightly, UserTesting, Monetate, ChatID, Nomi, and BazaarVoice. He works with his co-author and brother Jeffrey Eisenberg. You can find them at BryanEisenberg.com.
US Consumer Device Preference Report
Traditionally desktops have shown to convert better than mobile devices however, 2015 might be a tipping point for mobile conversions! Download this report to find why mobile users are more important then ever.
E-Commerce Customer Lifecycle
Have you ever wondered what factors influence online spending or why shoppers abandon their cart? This data-rich infogram offers actionable insight into creating a more seamless online shopping experience across the multiple devices consumers are using.
September 9, 2015
12pm ET/9am PT
September 16, 2015
12pm ET/9am PT
September 23, 2015
12pm ET/ 9am PT