Tidy up your website and marketing efforts with these tips.
People do spend some time tidying up their websites and marketing efforts. Yet, there always seems to be a few things they forget to clean up. Since it's spring, here is a checklist for you to start getting your site in order:
1. Clean up your lists. This is a great time to send out an email to reactivate emails that have either never purchased from you or haven't clicked on a link in one of your emails in a while.
2. Verify your offers. Review your popular pages to make sure your older offers align with your current offers. It may also make sense to try one of your newer offers (ebooks, white papers, sales, etc.) to your inactive list.
3. Update your autoresponder emails (thank you for your order, request for information, etc). Take a look at these emails and try to rewrite them in a friendlier tone. Add social media profile links into the email.
4. Update your thank you pages. There are many cool things you can do on your thank you page. Everything from embedding a thank you-style video that offers extra value to social media sharing options, as well as additional offers. Try something.
5. Check for broken and expired links. Use the following tools:
6. Tags and pixels.
Thanks to the folks at TagMan for these tips.
7. Update your social profiles. Make sure bios, links, photos, and videos are up to date. Use tools like ManageFlitter.com to clean up your Twitter followers, etc.
Bonus: If you had an extra 5 percent marketing budget, what would you experiment with? Find it by cutting your worst performing efforts.
Image on home page via Shutterstock.
Bryan Eisenberg is co-founder and chief marketing officer (CMO) of IdealSpot. He is co-author of the Wall Street Journal, Amazon, BusinessWeek, and New York Times best-selling books Call to Action, Waiting For Your Cat to Bark?, and Always Be Testing, and Buyer Legends. Bryan is a keynote speaker and has keynoted conferences globally such as Gultaggen, Shop.org, Direct Marketing Association, MarketingSherpa, Econsultancy, Webcom, the Canadian Marketing Association, and others for the past 10 years. Bryan was named a winner of the Marketing Edge's Rising Stars Awards, recognized by eConsultancy members as one of the top 10 User Experience Gurus, selected as one of the inaugural iMedia Top 25 Marketers, and has been recognized as most influential in PPC, Social Selling, OmniChannel Retail. Bryan serves as an advisory board member of several venture capital backed companies such as Sightly, UserTesting, Monetate, ChatID, Nomi, and BazaarVoice. He works with his co-author and brother Jeffrey Eisenberg. You can find them at BryanEisenberg.com.
2015 Holiday Email Guide
The holidays are just around the corner. Download this whitepaper to find out how to create successful holiday email campaigns that drive engagement and revenue.
Three Ways to Make Your Big Data More Valuable
Big data holds a lot of promise for marketers, but are marketers ready to make the most of it to drive better business decisions and improve ROI? This study looks at the hidden challenges modern marketers face when trying to put big data to use.
December 2, 2015
1pm ET/ 10am PT
Wednesday, December 9, 2015
5pm HKT / 5am ET