The top 50 ad networks in November by unique visitor.
In November comScore measured a panel of 190.8 million unique visitors to ad networks across the Web. AOL's Platform-A, which includes Advertising.com, Quigo, and other properties, reached over 90 percent of the online audience, or over 173 million unique visitors.
ComScore measures Internet usage from a global panel of home, work, and university Internet users.
|Top 50 U.S. Ad Networks by Unique Visitor, November 2008|
|Rank||Ad Network||Unique Visitors (000)||Reach (%)||Rank||Ad Network||Unique Visitors (000)||Reach (%)|
|3||Google network**||159,387||84||28||Undertone Networks**||75,027||39|
|4||ValueClick networks**||157,444||83||29||Vibrant Media**||73,748||39|
|5||Specific Media||151,386||79||30||National Newspaper Network: total U.S. newspapers||73,231||38|
|6||Traffic Marketplace**||142,510||75||31||Ask network||70,151||37|
|7||Yahoo||142,007||74||32||Gorilla Nation Media||67,972||36|
|8||Tribal Fusion**||141,412||74||33||IAC Ad Solutions||65,098||34|
|9||24/7 Real Media**||139,189||73||34||Kontera**||60,098||32|
|11||Casale Media**||137,371||72||36||MSN.com: home page||57,622||30|
|12||Adconion Media Group||136,625||72||37||eBay||56,775||30|
|13||Tremor Media||134,949||71||38||IB Local Network||55,438||29|
|17||Collective Media**||118,796||62||42||National Newspaper Network: top 25 newspapers||50,836||27|
|18||CPX Interactive**||115,129||60||43||YuMe video network||50,798||27|
|19||MSN Windows Live||111,610||59||44||50,511||26|
|20||Turn Inc**||111,227||58||45||ITN digital network||48,554||25|
|21||ADSDAQ (ContextWeb)**||110,338||58||46||Ybrandt/Oridian/AdDynamix network**||48,099||25|
|22||AOL Media Network||108,785||57||47||Business.com network||46,487||24|
|24||AdBrite||88,203||46||49||Wal-Mart Stores Inc.||43,940||23|
1. Reach denotes the percentage of the total Internet population that viewed a particular entity at least once in November.
2. * denotes entity has assigned some portion of traffic to other syndicated entities.
3. ** denotes an advertising network.
4. † denotes custom entities representing the number of unduplicated visitors to sites with which the specified ad network has contracted to deliver advertising. Unlike entities marked as advertising networks (**), custom entities don't represent the total number of visitors actually reached by ads via the ad network.
5. The Platform A ad network is an aggregation of ad servers used by the following individual advertising network entities: Advertising.com, Tacoda, AOL, Quigo, and Userplan.
|Source: comScore, 2008|
Educating marketers for over 15 years, our action-packed, educationally-focused agenda offers 9 tracks to cover every aspect of digital marketing. Join over 500 digital marketers and expert speakers from leading brands. Register today!
Traditionally desktops have shown to convert better than mobile devices however, 2015 might be a tipping point for mobile conversions! Download this report to find why mobile users are more important then ever.
Have you ever wondered what factors influence online spending or why shoppers abandon their cart? This data-rich infogram offers actionable insight into creating a more seamless online shopping experience across the multiple devices consumers are using.