Memo lists rates for Promoted Tweets and Promoted Accounts.
An email from Twitter sales to prospective advertisers today revealed what brands have been paying for followers on the platform. The memo included cost-per-follower (CPF) rates for Promoted Accounts and cost-per-engagement (CPE) for Promoted Tweets.
The CPF runs between $2.50 and $4, while the listed CPE rates come in from $0.75 to $2.50. For CPE, "engagement" refers to clicks, favorites, retweets and "@Replies."
As has been the case for a while, Twitter advertisers must commit to three months at a minimum spend of $15,000.
The email pitches advertisers on the benefits of targeting Twitter users who do not currently follow their brand accounts. It says that Twitter is "already seeing well over 15x the impression volume of Promoted Tweets targeted in search, with the same stellar engagement rates."
Here's the full sales letter:
Thanks for reaching out to us to inquire about Twitter's Advertising Products. We are happy to inform you that Twitter is preparing to roll out our next phase of beta testing, and we'd like to invite you to join us.
Please review the details of the program at the bottom of this email and reply to this email by COB (close of business), Thursday, 12/8 if your company meets the following qualifications and is interested in learning more. Once I have received your reply, I will follow up with you to set up a call and discuss next steps.
In the interim. I definitely recommend that you follow the @TwitterAds account and check out Twitter's Advertising Blog here: http://advertising.twitter.com/.
Also wanted to take a moment to highlight that for the FIRST time in the history of Twitter advertisers are able to reach highly-relevant and targeted users on Twitter who are not currently following your account, with engaging and timely messages about your brand. At this time, the product is rolled out to only 25% of users on Twitter, and we're already seeing well over 15x the impression volumeof Promoted Tweets targeted in search, with the same stellar engagement rates.
Why advertise with Twitter?
· 100+ million active users, over 250+ million tweets per day
· Strong engagement rate for all Promoted Products
· Access to Analytics Dashboards with tweet-level performance data
· Verification of your company's Twitter account
· Promoted Accounts: (PAc)Build a critical mass of loyal followers
· Target based on keywords, interest, and country
· Cost Per Follower (CPF) Auction
· Competitive CPF = $2.50-4
· Promoted Tweets: (PTw)Amplify your message beyond your core followership
· Cost Per Engagement (CPE) Auction
· Engagement = (Clicks + Favorites + Retweets + @Replies) / Impressions
· Competitive CPE = $0.75- $2.50
· 3-month commitment, $15k - $25k commitment
· Established Twitter presence; at least 50 tweets per account • Previous experience running SEM, Adwords, or Facebook campaigns
· Willingness to provide lots of feedback
· Twitter's IO, Ts&Cs
· Beta test: Please remember that this program is still in a testing phase. We are looking forpartners who are tolerant, flexible, and committed to helping us perfect our offerings.
· Account Management and Support: Expect live on boarding and training at initial launch, followed by an online help center and automated support throughout the program.
Want to learn more?
Attend ClickZ Live New York March 30 - April 1. With over 15 years' experience delivering industry-leading events, ClickZ Live brings together over 60 expert speakers to offer an action-packed, educationally-focused agenda covering all aspects of digital marketing. Register today!
Christopher Heine was a senior writer for ClickZ through June 2012. He covered social media, sports/entertainment marketing, retail, and more. Heine's work has also appeared via Mashable, Brandweek, DM News, MarketingSherpa, and other tech- and ad-centric publications. USA Today, Bloomberg Radio, and The Los Angeles Times have cited him as an expert journalist.
Singapore, 5-6 March
Bangkok, 17-18 March
Hong Kong, April 2015
A Buyer's Guide to Affiliate Management Software
Manage your performance marketing with the right solution. Choose a platform that will mutually empower advertisers and media partners!
Google My Business Listings Demystified
To help brands control how they appear online, Google has developed a new offering: Google My Business Locations. This whitepaper helps marketers understand how to use this powerful new tool.
March 24, 2015
12:00pm ET/9:00am PT