Clients like Ford and Sony should get improved demographic information and social marketing analytics.
Buddy Media and comScore have partnered to combine the former company's social marketing data with the latter's consumer panel. The beneficiaries are Buddy Media's clients, which include the likes of Ford, NFL, JetBlue, Sony, IBM, Playboy, John Deere, and others.
Reston, VA-based comScore's opt-in panel has two million consumers. An email to ClickZ News late yesterday stated the panel's insights will be "easily activated" via Buddy Media's tools.
"You will need at least 500,000 [Facebook] fans to make the data actionable and relevant, so it's a partnership geared to our largest clients," Buddy Media CEO Mike Lazerow wrote on his blog. "And the insight is focused for now on just Facebook. ComScore and Buddy Media hope to bring additional joint products to market for all the social networks, including Twitter and others."
More specifically, according to New York-based Buddy Media, the partnership will:
- Provide demographic information about a brand's Facebook fans/likes, online and off.
- Break down Facebook initiatives by paid and earned media, while analyzing the performance of social ads like Sponsored Stories and segmenting fans vs. friends of fans.
- Determine whether target consumers are effectively being reached and engaged and provide insight into how brand content can be optimized to match Facebook fans' interests.
- Measure the value of Facebook impressions and engagement. "We will show you how Facebook affects brand search and site visitation and whether you are reaching your specified target market," Lazerow says.
- Demonstrate how a brand stacks up against the proverbial Joneses on Facebook. The program will distinguish if a brand's fans engage more or less with the competition. Trending data - showcasing what brands are gaining or losing momentum - will also be available.
- Compare a brand's reach and frequency on Facebook to other media channels.
Twitter Canada MD Kirstine Stewart to Keynote Toronto
ClickZ Live Toronto (May 14-16) is a new event addressing the rapidly changing landscape that digital marketers face. The agenda focuses on customer engagement and attaining maximum ROI through online marketing efforts across paid, owned & earned media. Register now and save!*
*Early Bird Rates expire April 17.
Christopher Heine was a senior writer for ClickZ through June 2012. He covered social media, sports/entertainment marketing, retail, and more. Heine's work has also appeared via Mashable, Brandweek, DM News, MarketingSherpa, and other tech- and ad-centric publications. USA Today, Bloomberg Radio, and The Los Angeles Times have cited him as an expert journalist.
Marketing Apps for Landing Pages White Paper
Marketing apps can elevate a formulaic landing page into a highly interactive user experience. Learn how to turn your static content into exciting marketing apps.
Redefining 'Mobile-Only' Users: Millions Selectively Avoid the Desktop
A new breed of selective mobile-only consumers has emerged. What are the demos of these users and how and where can marketers reach them?
March 19, 2014