This infographic from Technorian presents a whole bunch of tips to help increase conversions on ecommerce sites.
- Improve your site speed.
- Make sure you have the basics of on-page SEO in place.
- Use responsive design. Or at least make your site mobile-friendly.
- Test, test and test again.
- Have clear contact information.
- Make sure calls to action are clear.
- Navigation should be smooth and clear.
- Make sure site search is optimised.
- See the value of social proof. It works, if you use it properly.
- Use security seals. Yes, they can work, but overall trust in a site is about more than just this.
- Make returns policies clear and easy to access. Customers often look for this information before committing to a purchase.
- Provide a section for sales and special offers.
- Product images matter. A lot.
- Product page copywriting matters. Don’t just stick to the standard descriptions. Work hard to sell your products.
- Show reviews. Ask for them, display them where they can help conversions.
- Make shipping costs clear. It’s part of the purchase decision so make this info easy to find.
- Use trigger words like ‘free’ where you can. For shipping would be one good idea.
- Create urgency. But don’t overdo it.
- Offer discounts for new customers. Not recommended for every site, but it can work.
- Consider price-matching against competitors.
- Up-sell and cross sell.
- Make sure your checkout process is smooth. Avoid making customers register, enclose checkout, and make form filling easy.
- Offer multiple payment options. Payment preferences vary, and a wider range of options broadens your appeal.
- Work hard on transactional emails.
Despite the fact that it faces growing competition from Facebook, Instagram and Snapchat, Google-owned YouTube is still one of the most popular ... read more
Amazon prides itself on being the most “customer-centric” company in the world, but according to investigative journalism non-profit ProPublica, Amazon’s algorithms are often anything but ... read more