A Father’s Day campaign by online gift service 911Gifts bumped Microsoft out of its long-time No. 1 status as top advertiser on the Web, according to figures for the week ending June 20 from Nielsen//NetRatings.
The week before that, the company entered into the Top 10 Advertisers list for the first time at No. 7 with the inception of the campaign. In addition, 911Gifts had the most-viewed ad banner for the week, and captured three other spots on the Top 10 Ad Banners list, the measurement firm said.
The most clicked-on ad banner was TheLoanPage.com’s ad, which had a 4.5 percent click rate.
Nielsen//NetRatings said the top advertisers, ranked by banner impressions, were:
||Impressions in millions
|8. Ad Council
|10. Discover Brokerage
Nielsen//NetRatings’ syndicated ad research service BannerTrack showed that the top banners for the week ending June 20, ranked according to reach percent, were:
- 911Gifts — Get Dad’s Attention. Send him a great gift. Father’s Day is June 20.
- 911Gifts — Don’t worry. . .Dad will never know you forgot. We can still deliver by Father’s Day!
- 911Gifts — Don’t worry. . .You still have time. We can deliver by Father’s Day!
- Autoweb.com — BUY IT; SELL IT
- Autoweb.com — GET A PRICE
- 911Gifts — Put a smile on Dad’s face. Father’s Day is June 20. Great gifts for Dad.
- Lowestfare — Vacations For Less. Click Here For Hot Deals!
- Amazon — Click on Shopping. Then click on Music and Video.
- About.com — $$$$ Catch the dollar sign for a chance to win $100,000
- Bonzi Software — Speed Up Internet Connection
Rankings are based on audience measurement of people who have access to the Internet from home. Reach is a measure of the unduplicated audience that visits a property.
The Nielsen//NetRatings audience information service collects data from approximately 15,000 panelists as they surf the Web at home.