Amazon.com led the list of top 10 banners ranked by reach for the week ending May 16, according to Nielsen//NetRatings, the Internet measurement service from Nielsen Media Research and NetRatings Inc.
- Amazon — Click on Shopping. Then click on Music and Video.
- Bonzi Software — Speed Up Your Internet Connection (large blue-gray)
- Lowestfare — Discount Travel Quick Search
- Lowestfare — Save On A Major Airline 30%
- Ad Council — Expect The Best From A Girl And That’s What You’ll GET
- Bonzi Software — Speed Up Your Internet Connection (small green-gray)
- Beyond.com — STARWARS Sweepstakes
- LinkExchange — Have a Web Page? Wanna Promote It For FREE
- Tower Records — Top 1000 always on sale
- Ad Council — ESGR Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve
The ads may be viewed here. Ad banners that run predominantly on an advertiser’s own property are not included in the above figures.
Star Wars merchandising moved into the Top Ten Banners with Beyond.com’s Star Wars sweepstakes banner in the No. 7 slot with a 3.4 percent reach.
The company said the most clicked-on ad banner was Treeloot’s ad which had a 12.4 percent click rate compared to the previous week’s most clicked on banner from Uproar which had a 14.3 percent click rate. Both banners advertised games. For the first time, Tower Records moved into the Top 10 Banners with a banner that had a 3.2 percent reach.
Top advertisers, ranked by banner impressions, for the week ending May 16 were:
|Advertiser||Impressions in millions||Reach %|
|6. Ad Council||30.2||8|
|8. Bonzi Software||22.7||14.3|
Internet use and advertising information from Nielsen//NetRatings is based on data from a research panel of more than 15,000 people who provide information as they surf the Web from home.
A lot of cool stuff is happening with email today. As an email marketer doing your job day in and day out, ... read more
Despite the fact that it faces growing competition from Facebook, Instagram and Snapchat, Google-owned YouTube is still one of the most popular ... read more