A few words from IAC media mogul Barry Diller at the conference last evening:
- On Google. “You mean the evil I would do to them?” he jokes. Later, Diller added, “It’s a great service. Is it going to have 35 to 50 percent market share over time? Anything can happen.”
- On Content Creation. I absolutely see my company getting involved in making product…. We all know that everything, of course, will be in digits.”
- On User-Generated Content. “What is Match.com? We may provide the template but we don’t, thank God, provide the product.” For entertainment, Diller was dismissive of user-generated content, saying he didn’t think there was a vast pool of untapped creative talent out there. “Talent will out,” he said.
- On News Corp’s buy of MySpace.com. “I suspect that it will either be that he [Rupert Murdoch] has bought these things very cheap, or they are worthless…. He is a great risk-taker.”
- On Media Consumption Habits. “One thing we do know, the children are doing many more tasks then we did and somehow they are squeezing tem into waking hours.”
A lot of cool stuff is happening with email today. As an email marketer doing your job day in and day out, ... read more
Despite the fact that it faces growing competition from Facebook, Instagram and Snapchat, Google-owned YouTube is still one of the most popular ... read more