Deck the halls with click-through pie charts
Facebook Likes and shares and view-throughs, too
Optimize conversion shop carts
Data points from here to Timbuktu
See our viral game go global
Now we’ve got Twitter buzz all day through
Correlated search exploding
Integrated data mart can target you
And when the recycling bin is filled to capacity, the leftover sweets are replaced by fruit and promises of restraint, and the last of the house guest bedding has been laundered, it’s time to take stock and face the new year.
In that spirit, I offer a handful of new key performance indicators (KPIs) – a few metrics that come from that deep feeling you get when you’re home from the holiday frivolity, nestled in front of the fire, and are ready to set yourself some more lofty goals. I offer these as counter points to the datapoints of yore.
So wipe off a corner of that wall-sized whiteboard and make a little list for yourself where you can track the metrics behind the real meaning of business – beyond the mere tallying of profits. I invite you to monitor:
- The number of times we made it easier for people to do business with us.
- The number of times we went out of our way to help a client.
- The number of people who were so happy with our goods and services they sent a personal note.
- The number of times we connected customer satisfaction with customer behavior data.
- The number of over-the-top surprises delivered for fun.
Belated Happy Holidays and here’s to a new year filled with happy, delighted, loyal customers. That’s what really counts.