Are your ads suffering from structural damage not fit for PPC? Over time, if not optimized, your ad copy can become ineffective and fail to perform as competitors continuously update their ads and implement the new technologies.
Now is a good time to review your current ads, their performance, and potential to improve your program results.
Not just a quick fix, use the best practices below to makeover your PPC ads and get a fresh start.
- Understand the objective. From branding and awareness to sales, as your objective moves closer to the purchase decision, it will need to compel the searcher to act. Consider how the overall messaging is meeting your goals.
- Create compelling copy. Many people study their competitor’s ad copy just to emulate them exactly. Take a look at all of the components of the ads – both good and bad – and create a unique, compelling way to stand out from the crowd.
- What are the unique features or benefits you want to communicate? Including benefits or features that communicate selling points like “next day delivery” or “fast treatment” can help searchers to see how you are differentiated from competing ads.
- Don’t forget to include your offer. It may be something you offer everyday such as “free delivery” or part of a special seasonal promotion like “10 percent off.” Make sure the offer is prominent in the headline or test inclusion in the headline vs. body copy.
- Does including a call-to-action with sense of urgency, “limited time so act now!” remind you of a late night infomercial? Direct response writing is the old-school base from which we want to build our PPC ads today. “Buy now” or “sign up today” are classics that never stop producing results.
From Drab to Fab: Ad Makeover
Using some of the tips above can take average ad copy to advanced ad copy in minutes and improve overall performance of your PPC program. Try these tactics yourself and optimize to improve performance as needed.
The original version is missing opportunities to stand out:
Try a Mixama
It’s more than a food processor.
Make dips, desserts, salsas & more.
The new and improved version includes a product benefit “prep faster,” custom display URL, offer, and call-to-action:
Mixama Food Processors
Prep Food Faster With Mixama.
Shop Today For 10% Off Online!
It is well-known that in order to get a good return on investment in terms of marketing, online retailers need to be ... read more
Google has introduced new tools and features to AdWords to specifically address the consumer shift towards mobile.
Over the past couple of weeks, Google has been spotted introducing some interesting changes to the look and layout of its search ... read more