SES Chicago was one of the most interactive events I have attended in a very long time. I spent time with marketers and solicited their views on what they wanted from their digital media efforts.
Here is a compilation of the perfect marketing wish list. Rather, this is what marketers want their consumers to do…
- They want you to like them and share their preferences (real likes).
- They want your email ID and mobile number.
- They would like to associate likes with a mobile number and an email ID.
- They want you to tell them if you have a digital reader (iPad, Kindle, etc. – their ESP isn’t smart enough to figure it out).
- They want you to add them to their safe-sender list.
- They want you to open one out of four campaigns.
- They want you to download their app.
- They want you to tell your friends.
- They want you to respond to surveys.
- They want you to cross channels.
As marketers, we all hold the same needs and wants to be able to communicate with consumers. I encouraged my fellow marketers to think about doing three additional things this holiday season.
First, try to create an inner circle by requesting a few survey responders to give you more frequent feedback. Second, encourage your consumers to fill out their preferences even if it is a little bit at a time – do not forget that some preferences might change as well. Third, put more social content into your email campaigns – it will go a long way in improving your open rates.
Wishing you the very best for this holiday season…