I can speak for a majority of people who work in the digital arena that television is a dying trend and soon to be superseded by online videos in the near future. I don’t watch nor own a television so I was happy to learn that this year’s Olympics was accessible through YouTube. It is definitely more convenient for me to get Olympics updates all day long.
Today’s top brands are becoming digital savvy and realizing the importance of moving their TVC to YouTube brand channel.
Now that search engines are embedding videos in the SERPs, optimizing videos is something that is fast becoming a necessity. If you want to make sure your videos are showing up in the organic listings you need to start optimizing your videos now.
While YouTube is the second largest engine in the world, it is the most popular video platform for video engagement. Even though brands are uploading their videos on YouTube, they are missing out on additional traffic and video views without proper SEO tactics in place.
I’ll be sharing with you a couple of tactics you can apply for your online video optimization strategies.
Create Good-Quality Videos
- Include a call to action in the description as well as in the video itself
- Link back to your site and promote your website
- Post your videos over a range of time rather than all at once
- Keep your videos short for higher ranking
- Create a video that will value add and resonate with users
- Educate, engage, and entertain your audience
Start With Your SEO Basics
- Perform keyword research to find the most relevant keyword and high search volume on YouTube
- Create keyword-rich titles, descriptions, and tags Search engines’ spiders will crawl the content and rank those words
- Provide a keyword-rich title that includes the keyword and where the video is from
- Write a clear description, and capture the theme of the video by including keyword phrases in the description
Encourage Engagement and Share Your Videos
- Choose titles with high search volume and that are viral in nature
- Enable ability for users to embed publishing’s videos on their websites
- Allow users to share links in social networking sites
- Promote sharing, as inbound linking helps increase rankings
Begin with the basics and optimize your videos to increase your views and traffic in the natural search engine listings.
Don’t forget to access YouTube Analytics to analyze your metrics and understand how to make better videos. If you’re investing money to create videos, you should spend the time to make a quality-rich video, which is being optimized to ensure that users are able to find your video online!
Spirit of America image via Shutterstock.com.
Retailers understand the importance and potential of omnichannel marketing, but implementing it is the hard part.
Making the most of what you’ve got: email, SMS, social media, brochures, packaging, SEO and ASO and optimizing your mobile site design ... read more
QR codes might seem old school in the fast-paced world of digital marketing, but in China, they have transformed communications app WeChat into a world-leading example of mobile social commerce.
The Asia Pacific is home to more than four billion people. This week's industry statistics reflect the huge growth in digital uptake in this region, and the big opportunities this presents for marketers.