After developing your company’s online marketing plan for China (based on these 4 steps), double check by running through the following checklist to ensure you haven’t missed anything important.
1. Potential customers
- □ Who are your brand’s potential customers in China?
- □ In which geographical regions will you find most of your potential customers?
- □ What are the age groups, gender, and income range of your potential customers?
- □ What are the personal interests of your potential customers?
2. Products or services
- □ What products or services do you offer?
- □ What is the one product or service that distinguishes your business from competition?
- □ How is the price of your one major product or service compared to the equivalent product or service of your major competitors?
3. Competitor brands
- □ Who are your brand’s major competitors?
- □ How is your brand compared to the brands of your major competitors?
4. Traffic sources
- □ What are all the different online traffic source types that will lead potential customers to your website?
- □ What are the search engines that should be included in your brand’s search marketing plan?
- □ What are the display ad networks or DSP (demand side platform) that should be included in your brand’s display advertising or retargeting plan?
- □ What are the partner websites or affiliate networks that should be included in your brand’s online partnership or affiliate project plan?
- □ What are the meta-search engines that should be included in your brand’s meta-search partner plan?
- □ What are the Chinese web directories that should be included in your brand’s web directory plan?
- □ What are the social media platforms that should be included in your brand’s social media marketing activities?
5. Mobile marketing
- □ Have you included a mobile app plan to cover all major mobile devices for your brand?
- □ Have you included a mobile site plan for your brand?
6. Web analytics
Have you set up one of the web analytics tools on your website and have the setup tested?
What’s your plan for setting up the following?
- □ Data reports of your website including dashboard reports, daily reports, weekly reports, monthly review reports, quarterly review reports and annual review reports.
- □ Data reports for each individual traffic sources of your website.
- □ Data reports including the performance of homepage, landing pages, and conversion flow of your website.
- □ Converting the data reports into actionable optimization items.
- □ Collecting intelligence data from external data sources.
7. Customer relationship program
Have you set up the following?
- □ Communication plan between your brand and your customers through email newsletter.
- □ Product promotion plan through email marketing.
- □ Loyalty program for your customers.
8. Vendor Services or Internal Operations
Which vendor (or internal marketing team member or member/s) will be managing and executing the day-to-day digital activities of the following for your brand?
- □ Search marketing
- □ Display advertising or retargeting
- □ Partnership relationships or affiliate program relationships
- □ Meta-search partner relationships and executing the activities
- □ Chinese web directory relationships
- □ Social media marketing activities
- □ Mobile marketing activities
- □ Web analytics reports and data analysis
- □ Email marketing activities
- □ Creative design work
- □ Customer satisfaction or complaints
- □ Continuously monitoring and optimizing the user experience of your website’s homepage, landing pages, and conversion flow
- □ Which vendor (or internal tech team) will be developing and maintaining your brand’s website?
- □ Which vendor (or internal tech team) will be developing and maintain your brand’s mobile app?
The growth of adblocker usage is one of the major problems affecting publishers today, as it has the potential to cut into ... read more
There seems to be something new happening everyday in the world of virtual / augmented / mixed reality. Here are some recent developments bringing the artificial world closer to reality.
By optimizing your website for Google, you could be sabotaging your site for Baidu in China and Yandex in Russia and Eastern Europe.