Last week, men’s hygiene brand Old Spice unleashed a barrage of over 180 videos through its YouTube channel, during which the brand’s mascot The Old Spice guy answered questions from users submitted through various social networks, including Twitter, Facebook, and YouTube itself.
The campaign – created by agency Wieden + Kennedy – ran for just three days, with the first videos published on Monday, and the final message posted Wednesday evening. In just seven days since it launched, it’s achieved the following:
- -A total of 183 individual video responses have been posted to the Old Spice YouTube channel.
- -So far, the videos have attracted 35.7 million individual views, as of 9am, Monday July 19th.
- -The final video reply, addressed to “everyone,” has amassed almost 2.5 million views and over 5,800 comments alone.
- -The Old Spice channel was the most viewed channel on YouTube last week, and is now the third most subscribed channel ever in the site’s “sponsor” category.
- -Total upload views for the channel, a metric that includes the original TV ads, currently stand at over 92 million.
- -At midday on Wednesday the brand’s official Twitter account had 32,000 followers.
By Monday morning that number had more than doubled to 94,000 followers, and the account was featured on over 2,300 Twitter lists.
The campaign has also been making use of Facebook, encouraging users to pose questions, and posting the video responses on its official Facebook page. Some of those videos have already recorded upwards of 2,000 “likes,” and the brand page itself has amassed over 630,000 likes.
According to Wieden + Kennedy, the campaign was created using a team of around 35 people working 12 hours a day for its three day duration.
This week at Shift 2016, Andres Sosa, Executive Vice President of the online retailer TheOutnet.com, gave a talk on innovation and content-creation. It reminded ... read more
Richard Herd attended our Shift London event to discuss how video content can increase engagement on digital platforms and the way FoodTube has ... read more
Following its acquisition of the rights to show Champions League football, BT Sport has been working to establish itself as the major rival ... read more