AMC’s “Mad Men” may be wildly popular in the advertising community, but it’s not connecting with GetGlue users as well as other shows.
The March 25 premiere attracted more than 22,000 GetGlue check-ins, after AMC ran Facebook video ads (pictured) last week that prominently encouraged viewers to check-in via the TV-focused mobile app. The pitch included a “Mad Men” GetGlue sticker.
Other cable and broadcast shows are faring better than Mad Men, which is ranked no. 70 among all shows on the platform. New York-based GetGlue shared data from a variety of programs, providing a glimpse into the realm of TV check-ins. Here is a handful of intriguing stats:
- AMC’s zombie thriller “The Walking Dead” recorded 67,449 check-ins for its Oct. 16, 2011 premiere, registering a whopping 20,000 in the show’s first 20 minutes.
- FX’s “American Horror Story” tallied 29,152 check-ins during its Oct. 5, 2011 premiere.
- ABC’s premiere of “Once Upon a Time” on Oct. 23, 2011 totaled 26,390 check-ins.
- Fox’s “Big Bang Theory” – one of TV’s best-rated shows – recently topped 2 million total check-ins. The situational comedy ranks No. 1 on GetGlue.
- Three other shows have cleared 1 million check-ins on the platform: CW’s “Nikita;” Fox’s “Glee;” and HBO’s “True Blood.”
The growth of adblocker usage is one of the major problems affecting publishers today, as it has the potential to cut into ... read more
Fraud prevention is heating up in mobile. But trying to fight fraudulent clicks from mobile apps is a losing battle. Instead, try these three tips.
We’ve been talking a lot about the importance of visual content recently, so it seemed only right to dedicate a #ClickZchat to ... read more