The time has almost come, but it’s not to too late; if you’re still undecided on whether or not you’ll go to the ClickZ Live event later this month, or you just want a guide to (almost) everything the conference has to offer, keep reading. I’m about to highlight seven reasons you don’t want to miss the show.
1. It’s the First-Ever Event as ClickZ Live!
For years, SES Conference & Expo brought the search marketing industry insight and resources from top brands and innovative minds. But the industry evolved to care more about topics than just SEO and PPC. And over time, SES’s content evolved, too.
With the rebrand of SES to ClickZ Live, the folks at Incisive Media made it official: their conference events would cover the gamut of marketing online, and the content would reflect the specific challenges marketers face at that time. And they’d do this through themed events. Here’s what I mean (from the ClickZ Live website):
With 6 key themes across dedicated tracks and reflecting the current industry buzz, there is no better way to hone your digital marketing skills. Every ClickZ Live event will have a particular focus that will be highlighted in each agenda.
New York, the world epicenter for advertising, will emphasize the very latest trends taking the marketing and advertising industry by storm. At ClickZ Live New York you’ll discover the latest tools, tips, and tactics in PAID, OWNED, EARNED, INTEGRATED MEDIA, BUSINESS INTELLIGENCE and EMAIL to streamline your marketing campaigns in 2014.
2. Awesome Content
With six tracks to choose from, the event’s content tackles digital marketing strategy from all angles. Check out some of the agenda highlights:
The “Business Intelligence” track:
- Portrait of a modern marketer: Aligning creativity and analytics
- Convincing the C-Suite to support your campaigns
- Selecting the right agency for your business
- How to mix and match analytics tools
- Effective multi-channel attribution
- How to gather, analyze and react to big data
Other interesting session topics across tracks:
- The rise of native advertising and effective content distribution
- Unlocking the secrets of mobile video
- The scoop on converged media, from paid to owned to earned
- Context marketing using Wi-Fi location services
- The magic of co-created social content
- Nobody cares about your emails: Tactics to drive engagement
- Work smarter not harder: Campaign automation to drive results
- Budget and resource allocation across paid, owned and earned media
Plus, ClickZ Live hosts two interesting keynotes with Randi Zuckerberg, founder and CEO of Zuckerberg Media, and Andy Beal, CEO of Trackur.com and co-author of, “Radically Transparent: Monitoring and Managing Reputations Online.”
3. You Can Collaborate with Speakers to Solve Your Marketing Challenges
Site clinics provide one-on-one time with speakers and other digital marketing experts. Get your website reviewed and gain invaluable insight. Site clinics cover areas of:
- YouTube marketing
- User experience design
- General website improvements
“Meet the experts” roundtables are just like what they sound: round tables where you gather to discuss anything your heart desires with the speakers at ClickZ Live. With an array of topic-specific tables to pull up a seat at, this unique opportunity allows you to learn and trade ideas with practitioners in all areas. Pro tip: Come with your burning questions.
In addition to roundtable discussions, here’s another cool way to get insider knowledge: learn with Google. The “Learn with Google Classroom” in the exhibit area hosts eight sessions over two days covering tips and techniques from expert Googlers on search, local, mobile, display, analytics and more.
Create your own unique schedule while at ClickZ Live with a mix of speaker sessions, one-on-one chats with experts and group discussions with your peers. Go nuts!
4. Let’s Not Forget About the Parties
After you’ve taken care of some serious business, there’s always time for this:
When you go to an event like ClickZ Live, networking can be one of the most valuable aspects. Check out all the cool events the show is throwing together, like:
- Newcomers meetup
- Meet & greet
- Cocktail reception
- Agency happy hour
- And the one with the cleverest name: The “conference wrap-up & wine down” event.
Before you go, check out this post by Mel Carson on how to get the most out of your time at ClickZ Live this year through networking.
5. You Can Still Do a Lot of Cool Things for Free
Check out what you can do even if you don’t have a fancy-level pass for the conference. The Networking+ pass (free in advance and $25 on-site) gets you:
- Access to the “Learn with Google” sessions (plus you’ll be entered to win a Nexus 7 tablet!)
- Access to the exhibit area
- Access to keynotes and sponsored sessions
- Access to site clinics
- Access to “meet the experts” roundtables
- Access to networking events
If you live on the East Coast especially, it’s kind of a no-brainer to travel to NYC and take advantage of this part of the event, even if you don’t spring for the conference sessions.
6. You Can Get In-Depth Training
There’s no reason you can’t just head to ClickZ Live for the training workshops. Intensive half-day sessions on everything from email marketing, content strategy, agile marketing, paid media and more get you up-to-speed on the channels of your choice.
These workshops provide an intimate setting that ensures the instructor is accessible for informal one-on-one or small group discussions. Get insight into the latest developments in digital marketing, so you can stay on top of your game.
7. It’s New York City!
Do you ever really need an excuse to experience NYC? If you think you do, let me refresh your memory:
Oh and P.S., if you’re wondering who else is attending, check out this snapshot of attendee demographics:
So what are you waiting for? Go get your marketing on, Big Apple style. You can register here.
While marketers realize the importance of mobile, many of them have yet to catch up with consumer expectations , or realize how SEO and mobile impact one another.
Following its acquisition of the rights to show Champions League football, BT Sport has been working to establish itself as the major rival ... read more
Being comfortable with failure and making research a team sport are just two ways to avoid disruption, according to Alex Holmes of Government Digital Service.
We talk a lot about content. How to make it, what makes it work, how to measure it’s effects, if there’s too ... read more