The @d:tech conference and expo has set a deadline for submission of entries of 5:30 p.m. on Friday April 3 for its second annual @dtech.Awards.
Winners will be announced at an awards ceremony featuring a keynote address by Louis Rossetto, chairman, chief executive officer and editorial director of Wired Ventures, during the upcoming @d:tech.Chicago conference, May 6-8 at the Hyatt Regency Chicago.
Named as judges were:
Roger Black, president and founding partner of the Interactive Bureau; Sean Dee, director of media for Levi Strauss & Co.; Joe Duffy, president of Duffy Design and Revolv, a design discipline of Fallon McElligott; Bob Heyman, partner, U.S. Web and co-founder of Audience Development Group, Cybernautics; Cliff Kurtzman, president and CEO, The Tenagra Corp.; Michael Moon, co- founder, president and CEO, GISTICS Inc.; Bob Risse, president of Mercury Seven; J. Sandom, head of the Interactive Division of OgilvyOne Worldwide; Kyle Shannon, principal, chief creative officer of Agency.Com Ltd.; and Tim Smith, president and CEO of Red Sky Interactive.
The @d:tech.Awards honor communications professionals in the digital marketing industry who have made a significant contribution to the development of their field.
Eligible candidates include advertisers, agencies, Web developers, publishers, public relations professionals, content providers, and marketers for work rendered in calendar year 1997.
Winners will receive a crystal trophy and will be recognized in congratulatory ads in major industry publications and newspapers, on ChannelSeven.com, and on @d:tech’s Web site and in its newsletter.
The categories for this year’s awards are:
- Audience Specific: Best Consumer Campaign, Best Business-to-Business Campaign, Best Technology Advertising Campaign, and Best Local Market or Small Business Campaign.
- Objective Specific: Best Branding Campaign, Best Audience Building Campaign, Best Direct Response Marketing Campaign.
- Format/Platform: Best Implementation of a Non-Banner Advertising Format; Best Implementation of Advanced Advertising Technologies; Best Utilization of Interactivity in an Advertising Campaign.
- Other Internet Marketing Programs: Best Site Sponsorship Marketing Program, Best Internet Sweepstakes/Contest Marketing Program, Best Trade Ad for an Internet Advertising Product or Service.
MARKETING WEB SITES
- Best Brand Marketing Web Site, Best Direct Marketing Web Site, Best Sales Generation Web Site, Best Interactive Design, Best Overall Creative Design.
- Best Use of the Internet for Crisis Management and Best Integration of PR Into a Marketing Campaign
Fees are $150 per entry, per category. For an @d:tech.Award application, call 800/535-1812 or submit an application online.
Despite the fact that it faces growing competition from Facebook, Instagram and Snapchat, Google-owned YouTube is still one of the most popular ... read more
Amazon prides itself on being the most “customer-centric” company in the world, but according to investigative journalism non-profit ProPublica, Amazon’s algorithms are often anything but ... read more