Creating a center of excellence has been the solution for large enterprise challenges for the last few decades. From Six Sigma to Lean Processes, enterprises have looked to methodologies that centralize many areas of their operations. As search marketing has become a primary marketing component for the chief marketing officer (CMO), a search center of excellence is now being deployed by many large brands to help with a daunting landscape of challenges including:
- Dozens (or hundreds) of internal stakeholders wanting on-demand visibility into subsets of relevant data
- Coordinating efforts across multiple internal teams, business units, stakeholders, agencies, and technology providers
- Disparate big data sets and redundant efforts, making it seem impossible to make sense of it all (or even know where to start)
- Inconsistent key performance indicator (KPI) tracking across departments and business units
- Long purchase cycles involving multiple touch points and Web properties, making it difficult to “close the loop” from impression/click/lead to sale
- Isolating relevant insight for the appropriate content owner in an actionable manner
And the list goes on. Enterprise, global search has now reached this tipping point, where multiple stakeholders within an organization should make smart decisions about inventory, operations, products, and client interactions based on search intelligence.
Enterprise brands looking to scale and improve search efforts require a model for evangelizing search marketing. This model, a center of excellence, provides:
- Governance: Creating ownership around global strategy, templates, processes, execution methodology; maintaining consistent KPI tracking and Web analytics measurement; providing enterprise-wide training on search
- Intelligence: Transparency of search efforts globally and across various stakeholders to maximize intelligence and insights
- Automation: Technology solutions customized for enterprise global needs, to streamline processes and create efficiencies, and to iteratively develop capabilities to better leverage intelligence as it becomes increasing available
Learn more about creating your search center of excellence at Acronym’s ClickZ Live New York session on Tuesday, April 1 between 2 and 3 p.m. Join an interactive conversation with a panel of experts who will discuss solutions to the complex challenges facing enterprise brands and invite audience members to share insights.
* Sponsored content in collaboration with Acronym.
Homepage image via Shutterstock.
Emily Ma, product director of Tencent’s advertising platform products department, was a keynote speaker at ClickZ Live Shanghai where she discussed the ... read more
Nurcin Erdogan Loeffler, head of strategy and innovation, Vizeum China, outlines the seven ways businesses can future proof their digital strategies.
Chief marketing officers have shared their views on technology, innovation and how they see their roles transforming into the near future at an ... read more
Every brand would love to see its hashtag trending on social media, but what if it’s for the least expected reason? Should you ... read more