Google+ brand pages, +Pages, have officially launched. The much-anticipated social product by the search engine giant promises to play a significant role in earned media marketing given its direct impact on search visibility and social engagement.
Similar to Facebook brand pages, +Pages will allow brands to create a social presence on the Google platform – a presence that will impact a brand’s search rankings in addition to providing brands with another channel for direct consumer engagement.
The question some of you might be asking is this: is Google+ yet another shiny object in what seems an endless array of social platforms and channels – or, will it become a significant force within your digital marketing mix?
When it comes to the importance of Google+, there are a few key things to consider:
• Google+ is not another social network – it’s creating a social data layer that will impact nearly every Google product from search to shopping.
• Google+ will enhance the relationship between search and social media, and elevate the importance of social signals in search.
• Combined with the use of +1, Google+ promises to drive greater synergy across bought, earned, and owned media.
Getting started with Google+:
• Focus on the 3Cs: content, community, and customization. Success in Google+ will be predicated on a winning content strategy, analysis-based audience management best practices, and a focus on customized engagement via Google+ Circles.
• Test and learn. Leverage real-time insights to quickly test and learn what works and what doesn’t. Formalize learnings into best practices and optimized engagement strategies.
• Leverage search expertise. Google+ is as much about search as it is social media. There is every indication that social signals from +Pages will impact a brand’s natural search results. Bringing to bear SEO expertise in conjunction with social media best practices will be critical to success.
What do you think about the Google+ announcement? Do you plan on launching a Google+ brand Page? You can read about more strategies in the presentation below.
Be sure to share your thoughts and perspectives about Google+!
GroupM predicts that global ad spend will top $547 billion next year, up from $524 billion this year. While television will still capture the biggest share of that 12-figure pie (41%), digital's share will grow from 31% to 33%.
So what makes content go viral? And what makes people participate in these phenomena?
Instagram is determined to introduce as many new features as possible in 2016 and that's why it has launched Live video on Stories, as well as ephemeral posts on direct messages.
Audience targeting can be challenging in social media, especially when brands make quick assumptions about their target users. How can you avoid generalisation and what are the real benefits of it?