SES Chicago was one of the most interactive events I have attended in a very long time. I spent time with marketers and solicited their views on what they wanted from their digital media efforts.
Here is a compilation of the perfect marketing wish list. Rather, this is what marketers want their consumers to do…
- They want you to like them and share their preferences (real likes).
- They want your email ID and mobile number.
- They would like to associate likes with a mobile number and an email ID.
- They want you to tell them if you have a digital reader (iPad, Kindle, etc. – their ESP isn’t smart enough to figure it out).
- They want you to add them to their safe-sender list.
- They want you to open one out of four campaigns.
- They want you to download their app.
- They want you to tell your friends.
- They want you to respond to surveys.
- They want you to cross channels.
As marketers, we all hold the same needs and wants to be able to communicate with consumers. I encouraged my fellow marketers to think about doing three additional things this holiday season.
First, try to create an inner circle by requesting a few survey responders to give you more frequent feedback. Second, encourage your consumers to fill out their preferences even if it is a little bit at a time – do not forget that some preferences might change as well. Third, put more social content into your email campaigns – it will go a long way in improving your open rates.
Wishing you the very best for this holiday season…
This month saw the release of the handbook: Going global with Facebook. It’s a useful body of research for budding social media marketers ... read more
Video consumption keeps increasing and Facebook is serious about a video-first world, encouraging us all to explore its full potential. Ian Crocombe, ... read more
National Geographic is known for its impressive visual content. How did it use it though to create a highly successful social presence? ... read more