UK Grocery Retail Digital Report
What you’ll learn
Rapid advancements in technology have diminished the long standing influence of the bricks-and-mortar store, with technology-empowered customers becoming increasingly comfortable using multiple channels to shop.
This report contains an analysis of the grocery retail sector, with a focus on its digital evolution and related trends which are impacting the major UK players in this space. The digital trends affecting the global grocery retail industry and outlined in this report include:
- Increasing customer engagement through social media
- Rise of mobile coupons delivered using location-based technology
- Growth of the click-and-collect service
- Increased focus on content marketing
- Connected devices through the Internet of Things
- The rise of the Chief Digital Officer
The 80-page report also contains detailed profiles of Tesco, Asda, Sainsbury’s, Morrisons, Waitrose and Ocado, with a focus on their:
- Digital transformation
- Digital innovations
- Digital marketing strategies
- Relationships with marketing agencies
- Organisational structure
There is also a section on ad spend by the UK grocery retail market, with a granular view of:
- Digital ad spend vs overall marketing budget (2014-2020)
- Digital ad spend by channel – digital, radio, TV, print, others
- Digital ad spend by device – mobile devices vs desktop
- Digital ad spend by format – search, display, video, classifieds, others
Who is the report aimed at?
- Anyone working in the retail sector who is interested in the impact of digital technology on the industry, and specific information about how the major brands are approaching their digital strategies and marketing activities.
- Agencies, consultancies and technology companies who are part of the grocery retail ecosystem.
For a deep-dive into the U.S. grocery retail market and its digital transformation, check out our U.S. Grocery Retail Digital Report.