Yahoo ranked No. 1 in April 2000 with 9.8 million unique visitors, followed by @Nifty with more than 8.4 million unique visitors, according to Internet and digital media measurement by Media Metrix.
Media Metrix also offers the following information from its April 2000 data:
- Japan has 16,400,000 Internet users, representing 13.3 percent of the nation’s population
- 63 percent of Japanese Internet users are male, 37 percent are female
- Japan has 14 million at-work Internet users, more than 6.5 million at-home users, and 4.4 million people who use the Internet at home and at work
- There are 1.8 million people accessing the Web via cell phones in Japan
- Japan has 600,000 PDA users
- 110,000 people in Japan use set-top boxes
- There are 330,000 game machine users in Japan
|Top 15 Domains Among Japanese Home Internet Users
|Source: Media Metrix Japan April 2000|
Election 2016 is already like no presidential race before it, and one of the most striking aspects of this year’s race is the disparity ... read more
Businesses near ‘PokeStops’ are enjoying a huge surge in footfall due to the popularity of Pokémon Go, according to our first major ... read more
An effective content marketing strategy needs to be customised to the demands of each industry. Here are five tips to increase your ... read more
We put China and United States head to head on smartphone sales and smartphone penetration; 4G subscribers; 4G coverage and speed; mobile internet users and m-commerce; to find out where the world’s biggest m-commerce opportunity lies.