Majordomo is a community-supported free software program that automates the management of Internet mailing lists.
All commands are sent to Majordomo via email to handle all aspects of list maintenance. Once a list is set up, virtually all operations can be performed remotely, requiring no intervention upon the postmaster of the list site.
Majordomo controls a list of addresses for some mail transport system (like sendmail or smail) to handle. Majordomo itself performs no mail delivery.
Among Majordomo’s features:
- Supports various types of lists, including moderated
- All list management activities are handled by email, so list owners don’t need access to Majordomo server machine
- Supports archival and remote retrieval of messages
- Supports digests
- Modular design – use only certain features
- Written in Perl – easily customizable and expandable
- Includes support for FTPMAIL
- Supports confirmation of subscriptions, to protect against forged subscription requests
- List filters, based on header or body regular expressions
Majordomo will work with Perl 4.036 or Perl 5.002 or greater. It will not work with Perl 5.001.
The software was developed under UNIX-based systems, but will work on others.
No matter your industry, field, career, day-to-day responsibilities, or duties, communication is integral to your success. This is particularly true in SEO ... read more
Do your email subscribers use social media? Let me ask this a different way. Is anyone not using social media? Like email, ... read more