ClickZ has been named a launch partner of Mashable’s new publisher platform, which includes social subscription and sharing tools.
“This is a fantastic opportunity to give our readers access to new tools to share ClickZ news stories, commentary, and how to’s that are selected for publication on the Mashable platform,” said ClickZ Executive Editor Anna Maria Virzi. “This relationship should help us ensure that the next generation of marketers will get access to our in-depth news and expert advice about interactive advertising and marketing.”
The Mashable Publisher Platform is an editorially-curated syndication experience, bringing the best content from ClickZ and other select publishers, directly to Mashable’s community.
“As our community grows and digital continues to transform society in new ways, we want to offer more content that dives deeper into the topics that matter to our readers,” said Adam Ostrow, executive editor and senior vice president of content, Mashable. “To achieve this we are bringing the best content from a select group of quality publishers who have expertise in specific topic areas directly to our community on Mashable.com, across our social channels and on our apps.”
Key features of the Mashable publisher platform include:
- Social Subscription: Prominent display and promotion of publisher’s Facebook and Twitter presences alongside its articles on Mashable.com, allowing readers to directly subscribe to the brand’s social feeds.
- Integration into Mashable Follow: Each participating publisher’s brand and content will be integrated into Mashable Follow – Mashable’s proprietary social layer – allowing more than 500,000 Mashable Follow users to subscribe directly to the publisher’s content on Mashable; to view all of its content on Mashable in one place; and directly follow each publisher’s content on Mashable.
- M-Share: Mashable’s one-click M-Share button on articles will increase sharing of publisher content across social networks.
- Email newsletters: Promotion of publishers’ content in Mashable’s email newsletters.
- Publisher profile page on Mashable: Each Partner Publisher will receive a profile page on Mashable Follow, allowing readers to view all of its content on Mashable in one place, subscribe to each publisher’s content on Mashable, and subscribe to each publisher’s Twitter or Facebook account.
Incisive Media’s ClickZ, established in 1997, and ClickZ.Asia, launched in 2010, provide comprehensive news, commentary, and how to’s focused on interactive marketing. Mashable is the largest independent news source dedicated to covering digital culture, social media, and technology.
Marketers' spending on social media has tripled in the past seven years but falls way short of where marketers expected it to be when they peered into their crystal balls in 2009.
Advertisers have been flocking to Snapchat, which now has more daily users than Twitter and is increasingly seen as perhaps the biggest threat to Facebook's dominance in social.
There is an increasing demand for content among marketers, but how can you ensure that your content marketing strategy is effective?
Header bidding is a programmatic technique that allows publishers to offer their inventory through multiple ad exchanges before they serve up ads from their ad server.