Previously I’ve mentioned three approaches to improve the landing page conversion rate for your Chinese website. Below I’ve included four more ways for improvement.
1. Provide Localized Web Content for Users in Each Location
You have a large Chinese classifieds site that has a unique set of content facing each unique Chinese location. Let’s say your site’s domain name is MyChineseClassifieds.cn. You have unique content for:
- Beijing users on: http://Beijing. MyChineseClassifieds.cn
- Shanghai users on: http://Shanghai. MyChineseClassifieds.cn
- Guangzhou users on: http://Guangzhou. MyChineseClassifieds.cn
You could set up your website in this way because you believe users from different Chinese locations would benefit most from the content of their local cities. To maximize online marketing results:
- Make sure you create unique landing pages that are relevant specifically for each local city.
- Original content on the unique landing pages will improve engagement and conversion rate of your website visitors that come through paid search channels and organic search.
2. Put Product Filters Above the Fold
On a typical product list landing page, most Chinese users are used to having the product attribute filter options above the list of products. For consistency, keep it this way, whether the users arrive at the page by clicking on a Baidu paid search ad or browsing from the homepage of your website.
3. Make It Easy for Users to View Product Pictures
Showing your users the pictures of the products they are browsing or about to buy will increase sales on your website. For marketplace and e-commerce sites, do at least provide several pictures of a single product on the product individual pages.
3. Provide User Reviews of Your Products
Chinese customers want their money to be well spent on products or services in which they have confidence in. One way to cross-check is to read other user reviews of the products online. Below are some examples.
- For booking accommodation online, hotel booking sites should make user reviews available on the hotel individual pages.
- For a marketplace site, user reviews for products should appear on the product individual pages.
Summary for the Best Practices to Improve Landing Page Conversion Rate
- You want to know who your website visitors are and what they are trying to achieve on your website.
- Do not get into the way of the visitors and make it really easy for them to complete whatever actions or tasks they are required to complete.
- Offer your visitors more reasons to buy from your website, e.g. discounts or coupons to your products.
- Localize your website content not just for the country, but localize it for the specific location they are browsing from.
- Place product filters above the fold.
- Make more product photos available for your visitors while they are deciding if you have the right products for them to buy.
- Earn trust from your website visitors by providing user reviews of the products.
If you’re just starting out with a business, or looking for tools to help you grow, there is a huge array of digital marketing tools, platforms and services available online.
All top Chinese retailers, banks and internet companies share mobile data in earning releases. None of the top 10 US retailers do, nor does Google. US banks and Facebook are better.
As emojis take over the world, more brands are experimenting with them in an attempt to stay relevant. What’s the best way to do so and what should be avoided?
American Apparel's chief digital officer discussed the future of retail, the importance of delivering value to the consumer, and strategies for an IoT and omnichannel world.