Following the success of its YouTube -based video response campaign last June, P&G-owned men’s hygiene brand Old Spice decided to revisit the concept this summer with the help of Italian heartthrob Fabio.
The effort revolved around an online duel between Fabio and existing “Old Spice Guy” Mustafa Isaiah, and appears once again to have captured the imagination of consumers.
Though the “Mano a Mano in el Baño” campaign update might not have garnered as much attention as the original initiative, the approach from Old Spice and its agency Wieden + Kennedy appears to be “if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.” According to Old Spice, campaign highlights as of August included:
- A total of 169 unique videos, which attracted over 22 million views in their first seven days of exposure. (That’s fewer than the 35 million views the initial campaign videos racked up in five days last summer.)
- “Challenge” from New Old Spice Guy Fabio was the #7 most viewed video of the week on YouTube the week the campaign ran, amassing 3 million views. The second-most-popular video, “Challenge Accepted,” received 1.2 million views.
- Old Spice and New Old Spice Guy Fabio held the #1 and #4 spots for most viewed channels for the month on YouTube.
- The videos attracted more than 53,000 comments on YouTube, and 500,000 likes, dislikes and votes (through annotations) on the video sharing site.
- 100,000 brand mentions through Old Spice-owned channels and Reddit, including 64,000 on Twitter.
- 68,000 new Facebook fans, friends and subscribers to Old Spice channels.
If you’re just starting out with a business, or looking for tools to help you grow, there is a huge array of digital marketing tools, platforms and services available online.
As emojis take over the world, more brands are experimenting with them in an attempt to stay relevant. What’s the best way to do so and what should be avoided?
You don't have to be a large B2B company to create an impressive LinkedIn presence, all you need is the focus on the right direction and the consistency to succeed in your social efforts.
Social media management can become time consuming, and that’s why we compiled a list of some of the best tools to enhance your ... read more