The most clicked-on ad banner for the week ending Aug. 8 was Betty Crocker’s Pop Secret ad with a 10.2 percent CTR, according to measurement firm Nielsen//NetRatings.
It marks one of the few times a traditional consumer company has captured the highest click rate, the firm said. Other consumer companies that have scored the No. 1 click rate have included Capital One, Jack Daniel’s and Victoria’s Secret.
The Pop Secret ad, featuring a sweepstakes for a trip to the Pop Secret Microwave Popcorn 400 auto race, captured a 10.2% click rate. It appeared on SuperMarkets Online’s ValuPage Web site.
Top advertisers for the week, ranked by banner impressions, were:
|Advertiser||Impressions in millions||Reach %|
|6. Ad Council||35.7||7.8|
|7. America Online||33.9||15.1|
|9. Wingspan Bank||29.5||15.1|
Impressions reported include house ads.
Top Banners, ranked according to reach percent, were:
- TreeLoot — Catch The Monkey and Win $20!
- Uproar — Where does Homer Simpson Work? Bar, Bank, Nuclear Plant, Sewer
- Bonzi Software — Speed Up Internet Connection
- GetSmart — Find: A Loan for Me. Refinancing, Second Mortgage, Debt Consolidation
- About.com — User survey about gun control. Should all guns be outlawed? Yes, No
- Ad Council — If You’re Not Recycling, You’re Throwing It All Away!
- Fast Company/EZVenture — Entrepreneur Seeking Venture Capital? $99,000 Enough?
- Fast Company/EZVenture — Win $99,000 from Yahoo Click Here!
- Fast Company/ EZVenture — Win $99,000 from Yahoo Click Here!
- The Elephant’s Trunk Costume Shop — Costuming the World Online. Click Here.
Ad banners that run predominantly on an advertiser’s own property or house ads are not included in the above figures. The Nielsen//NetRatings audience information service collects data from approximately 15,000 panelists as they surf the Web at home.
A lot of cool stuff is happening with email today. As an email marketer doing your job day in and day out, ... read more
Despite the fact that it faces growing competition from Facebook, Instagram and Snapchat, Google-owned YouTube is still one of the most popular ... read more