More NewsPublicis/Digitas to Acquire French Digital Agency

Publicis/Digitas to Acquire French Digital Agency

Publicis is laying the groundwork for a full buyout of Business Interactif, a huge French digital communications group

Publicis is laying the groundwork for a full buyout of Business Interactif, a huge French digital communications group. If the deal goes through, the company will be folded into Digitas.

The French holding company struck a deal to buy 49 percent of Business Interactif from the founders, and it hopes to pick up the remaining 51 percent through a public offer to the company’s existing shareholders. The combined dollar figure attached to the proposed buyout is approximately $374 million, whereas the value of the agreement already reached with the founders is $182 million.

The plan is to give Business Interactif the new name Digitas France. Its founders, Emmanuel Henrion and Francois de la Villardiere, have committed to stick around for at least three years and will head up Digitas France and serve on the Digitas Global Board. They’ll also control the European arm of Prodigious, Digitas’s new production studio.

Its focus spans recruitment and loyalty programs, e-mail, search and Web site design. Clients have included L’Oreal, Nestle, EDF, Bouygues Telecom, PPR, Ventes Privees, Lancome and Seb.

The move is in keeping with Publicis’ ongoing strategy to weight its subsidiaries toward digital media to a greater extent than its competitors.

Seems to be an uptick in European ad acquisitions this month. Aegis recently acquired a mobile marketing firm, and today WebTrends announced it would acquire a Stockholm-based Web analytics firm WebControl. (press release)

Related Articles

How to measure a multi-channel marketing strategy

Digital Marketing How to measure a multi-channel marketing strategy

3m Tereza Litsa
The future of retail: How IoT is transforming the retail industry

Digital Transformation The future of retail: How IoT is transforming the retail industry

4m Diana Maltseva
GDPR: The role of technology in data compliance

Data & Analytics GDPR: The role of technology in data compliance

11m Clark Boyd
What companies can learn from the We-Vibe lawsuit about the Internet of Things

Legal & Regulatory What companies can learn from the We-Vibe lawsuit about the Internet of Things

2y Al Roberts
Has advertising arrived on Google Home?

Media Has advertising arrived on Google Home?

2y Al Roberts
Target is the top retail digital marketer, so why is it struggling?

Ecommerce Target is the top retail digital marketer, so why is it struggling?

2y Al Roberts
YouTube is "on pace to eclipse TV" thanks to savvy algorithm use

More News YouTube is "on pace to eclipse TV" thanks to savvy algorithm use

2y Al Roberts
YouTube is getting rid of 30-second unskippable pre-roll ads

Ad Industry Metrics YouTube is getting rid of 30-second unskippable pre-roll ads

2y Al Roberts