NetRatings said the No. 1 ad category for July was Online/Internet Services; Retail Shopping was No. 2 and Promotions (incentives, coupons, sweepstake offers) No. 3.
Taken together these three categories represented over 70% of all advertising impressions with at least a 5% reach, estimated for the month of July at 3.5 billion impressions, the company said.
E-mail was the largest product category for Internet Services with 60.9% of that category’s advertising. Books/CDs topped the shopping category with 62.3% and Sweepstakes led the promotional pack with 67.2%.
NetRatings said that the top 10 ad banners for the week of August 2-8, were:
- Catalog Link: Click to get free catalog
- Catalog Link: Attention catalog addicts
- Hotmail: Bookmark to save typing
- Hotmail: Click banners; easy return to Hotmail
- Hotmail: Use nicknames for addressing email
- Catalog Link: Get all the free catalogs you can put your feet on
- Hotmail: Make Hotmail your home page
- Goto.com: Type what you’re looking for
- Yahoo: Free email @yahoo.com
- Hotmail: Log out instead of timing out
Rankings are based on measurement of Web activity by a representative panel of more than 3,200 Internet users 18 years and older who access the Web from home.
A lot of cool stuff is happening with email today. As an email marketer doing your job day in and day out, ... read more
Despite the fact that it faces growing competition from Facebook, Instagram and Snapchat, Google-owned YouTube is still one of the most popular ... read more