Of the top 25 domains with the greatest percentage increase in unique audience from May 1998 to July 1998, 40% fell in the shopping and promotions categories, according to a report from Web measurement firm NetRatings.
No. 1 site Megalotto.com (the Spanish national lottery site) showed a dramatic 190% growth and No. 2 Bonusmail.com had 188% growth in the same time period, the company said. Uproar.com increased 120% and Snap!, 100%. Also noteworthy was Broadcast.com’s 85% increase and Hotmail with 50% growth.
Meanwhile, NetRatings said the top 10 ad banners for the week of Aug. 16-22 were:
- Catalog Link: Click here to get free catalogs
- Hotmail: Click Hotmail; easy return to Hotmail
- Hotmail: Bookmark Hotmail to save typing
- Hotmail: Use nicknames for addressing email
- Catalog Link: Get all the free catalogs you can put your foot on
- Catalog Link: Attention catalog addicts
- Hotmail: Make Hotmail your homepage
- Yahoo: free email @yahoo.com
- Catalog Link: Get all the catalogs you can put your feet on
- Goto.com: Type in what you’re looking for
Rankings are based on measurement of Web activity by a representative panel of more than 3,200 Internet users 18 years and older who access the Web from home.
A lot of cool stuff is happening with email today. As an email marketer doing your job day in and day out, ... read more
Despite the fact that it faces growing competition from Facebook, Instagram and Snapchat, Google-owned YouTube is still one of the most popular ... read more