According to a 1999 survey by Focus/Webner, more than 510,000 people in the Slovak Republic have Internet access. This represented 9.5 percent of the population, up from 5.5 percent in June 1997.
The findings were based on a survey of 1,000 people. The estimated population of the Slovak Republic is 5.23 million.
A survey by the Telecommunications Research Institute in Banska Bystrica found that Internet users in Slovakia tend to be male, well-educated, and city dwellers. More than 400 voluntary participants (age 15+) completed an online questionnaire.
Among the findings bout Slovakian Internet users:
- The majority of users are males (79 percent).
- The most active age groups are 20-29 (40 percent) and 30-49 (48 percent).
- The majority of users have a university degree (68 percent).
- Western Slovakia represents the majority of users (53 percent).
- Three quarters of users live in cities with 50,000+ inhabitants.
- 82 percent of users have a PC, and 51 percent of users have an Internet connection at home.
- The most popular and used services are web surfing (96 percent), email (94 percent), file transfers (67 percent), home banking (34 percent), e-shopping (19 percent) and VoIP (9 percent).
The technology industry is lagging behind many other sectors when it comes to the proportion of women taking up entry level positions. ... read more
Programmatic is taking over the digital advertising world, and at an even faster rate than expected, according to eMarketer, which raised its forecast for programmatic ad spending in the U.S. on the back of growth in mobile and video programmatic buys.
A new study underlines the massive influence that Amazon exerts over the ecommerce market, with the site being the first port of call ... read more
Election 2016 is already like no presidential race before it, and one of the most striking aspects of this year’s race is the disparity ... read more