In August comScore measured a panel of 188.9 million unique visitors’ activity on ad networks. AOL’s Platform-A, which includes Advertising.com, Quigo, and other ad networks, reached 90 percent of the audience, or 170.7 million unique visitors. Close behind were Yahoo’s network with 162.2 million and Google’s ad network with 156.4 million unique visitors.
ComScore measures Internet usage from a global panel of home, work, and university Internet users.
|Top 50 U.S. Ad Networks by Unique Visitor, August 2008|
|Rank||Ad Network||Unique Visitors (000)||Reach (%)||Rank||Ad Network||Unique Visitors (000)||Reach (%)|
|5||ValueClick networks**||150,813||80||30||Vibrant Media**||74,792||40|
|6||Tribal Fusion**||142,840||76||31||National Newspaper Network: total U.S. newspapers||72,202||38|
|7||Yahoo||139,807||74||32||Gorilla Nation Media†||66,124||35|
|9||YuMe video network†||129,871||69||34||MSN.com: home page||58,727||31|
|10||MediaNet (Casale Media)**||129,195||68||35||Ask network||58,482||31|
|12||Tremor Media†||126,314||67||37||Pulse 360**||57,646||31|
|13||Adconion Media Group**||124,532||66||38||Kontera**||55,288||29|
|14||24/7 Real Media**||123,808||66||39||IAC Advertising Solutions†||53,677||28|
|16||Revenue Science**||121,893||65||41||National Broadband Network†||52,236||28|
|17||ADRIVEpm**||117,188||62||42||IB Local Network||51,148||27|
|18||CPX Interactive**||115,710||61||43||National Newspaper Network: top 25 newspapers||49,070||26|
|19||MSN Windows Live||111,258||59||44||MapQuest||47,276||25|
|20||AOL Media Network||110,623||59||45||Amazon.com||46,830||25|
|21||ADSDAQ (ContextWeb)**||108,574||57||46||AdOn Network**||45,740||24|
|22||Collective Media**||107,943||57||47||Tatto Media**||44,278||23|
|24||Turn Inc.**||94,042||50||49||eBay: home page||41,831||22|
1. Reach denotes the percentage of the total Internet population that viewed a particular entity at least once in August.
2. * denotes entity has assigned some portion of traffic to other syndicated entities.
3. ** denotes an advertising network.
4. † denotes custom entities representing the number of unduplicated visitors to sites with which the specified ad network has contracted to deliver advertising. Unlike entities marked as advertising networks (**), custom entities don’t represent the total number of visitors actually reached by ads via the ad network.
5. The Platform A ad network is an aggregation of ad servers used by the following individual advertising network entities: Advertising.com, Tacoda, AOL, Quigo, and Userplan.
|Source: comScore, 2008|
A new study underlines the massive influence that Amazon exerts over the ecommerce market, with the site being the first port of call ... read more
Election 2016 is already like no presidential race before it, and one of the most striking aspects of this year’s race is the disparity ... read more
Businesses near ‘PokeStops’ are enjoying a huge surge in footfall due to the popularity of Pokémon Go, according to our first major ... read more
An effective content marketing strategy needs to be customised to the demands of each industry. Here are five tips to increase your ... read more