Emerging TechnologyMobileVerizon iPhone Builds Ad Share

Verizon iPhone Builds Ad Share

Verizon iPhones are building ad share, according to Millennial Media.

In the two weeks following its introduction, iPhones on the Verizon network accounted for around 5 percent of ad impressions served to the device, according to data from Millennial Media.

Growing steadily since the launch of the Verizon handset on February 10, the company reported a 4.5 percent portion of ad impressions were served to it on February 24. The iPhone is only currently available from two U.S. providers, indicating devices on the AT&T network must therefore have accounted for the remaining 95.5 percent of impressions that day.

Given that the majority of advertisers target by application or website, rather than by carrier, the data gives an insight into Verizon’s early sales of the Apple device, suggesting around 5 percent of U.S. iPhones could be currently running on the Verizon network.

verizon-iphone-stats

Related Articles

AOL tries to lure leads with free wireless data

Display Advertising AOL tries to lure leads with free wireless data

11m Al Roberts
Verizon acquires Yahoo's operating business for $4.8 billion

Agency Spotlight Verizon acquires Yahoo's operating business for $4.8 billion

1y Sophie Loras
Can advertisers make the walled gardens hand over their keys?

Publishing Can advertisers make the walled gardens hand over their keys?

1y Merrily McGugan
NewFronts News: Merging video, data still the main focus for AOL

Publishing NewFronts News: Merging video, data still the main focus for AOL

2y Mike O'Brien
Programmatic TV: on the bench or just warming up?

Campaigns Programmatic TV: on the bench or just warming up?

2y Eric Wheeler
IAB: Preparing for the year of the mobile-video boom

Media IAB: Preparing for the year of the mobile-video boom

2y Joe Laszlo
Three ways digital marketers can use data to defeat ad blocking in 2016

Publishing Three ways digital marketers can use data to defeat ad blocking in 2016

2y Pelin Thorogood
What do ad blockers mean for mobile apps?

Display Advertising What do ad blockers mean for mobile apps?

2y Mike O'Brien