YouTube has released its first leadership board listing the top 10 most watched video ads in April. Leading the way with over 44 million views in less than one month is Evian: Baby&Me / The New Evian Film.
April’s list also features the first Spanish language ad with Nestle’s Learning to Share, showing how brands are using YouTube to effectively reach the Hispanic market.
“The stunning success of these ads show how brand content is not just fodder for water cooler conversation, but is actively shaping what matters in culture today,” says Tara Levy, director Ads Marketing, YouTube. “April also saw the first non-English language ad to make the U.S. list, demonstrating the power of YouTube to engage any audience.”
In order to produce the leaderboard, YouTube used an algorithm that factors in paid views, organic views, and view rate (how much of a video people choose to watch).
Watch the top 10 videos in most-viewed order below:
1. Evian: Baby&Me / The New Evian Film
2. Dove: Dove Real Beauty Sketches
3. Kmart: Ship My Pants
4. Pepsi: Pepsi Beyoncé “Mirrors” – Official 2013 video – #BeyHereNow
5. Old Spice: Old Spice | Watermelon
6. Activision: The Replacers – Official Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 Video
7. Old Spice: Old Spice | Shower
8. Sauza: Sauza Tequila – Make It With A Lifeguard
9. Kraft Foods: Rob Dyrdek Lunchables Uploaded Water Balloon
10. Nestlé: Nestlé® El Mejor Nido – Learning to Share
On Monday, Netflix reported that it added 370,000 new subscribers in the U.S. in the third quarter, 20% more than the 300,000 it ... read more
Snapchat Discover has been a hit with publishers that want access to the popular messaging app’s highly-desirable audience, and some reports even ... read more
Little more than a year ago, Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg streamed the first live video from Facebook headquarters. In April of this ... read more
Spotify, the popular digital music service, is getting into the video ad game with a new ad offering called “branded moments.” Currently, ... read more