YouTube has released its first leadership board listing the top 10 most watched video ads in April. Leading the way with over 44 million views in less than one month is Evian: Baby&Me / The New Evian Film.
April’s list also features the first Spanish language ad with Nestle’s Learning to Share, showing how brands are using YouTube to effectively reach the Hispanic market.
“The stunning success of these ads show how brand content is not just fodder for water cooler conversation, but is actively shaping what matters in culture today,” says Tara Levy, director Ads Marketing, YouTube. “April also saw the first non-English language ad to make the U.S. list, demonstrating the power of YouTube to engage any audience.”
In order to produce the leaderboard, YouTube used an algorithm that factors in paid views, organic views, and view rate (how much of a video people choose to watch).
Watch the top 10 videos in most-viewed order below:
1. Evian: Baby&Me / The New Evian Film
2. Dove: Dove Real Beauty Sketches
3. Kmart: Ship My Pants
4. Pepsi: Pepsi Beyoncé “Mirrors” – Official 2013 video – #BeyHereNow
5. Old Spice: Old Spice | Watermelon
6. Activision: The Replacers – Official Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 Video
7. Old Spice: Old Spice | Shower
8. Sauza: Sauza Tequila – Make It With A Lifeguard
9. Kraft Foods: Rob Dyrdek Lunchables Uploaded Water Balloon
10. Nestlé: Nestlé® El Mejor Nido – Learning to Share
They're arguably the most annoying video ad formats in existence, but soon they'll be a thing of the past, at least on YouTube.
I didn’t vote for him last November. There was no way this registered Democrat from the blue state of Massachusetts would check that box. But I have to give him props for his tweets.
27-year-old Swede Felix Kjellberg, who goes by the name PewDiePie on YouTube, has found himself at the center of a firestorm.
The explosive growth of video in 2016 makes 2017 an important year for video content and as more publishers are tempted to use it, it’s useful to consider the best strategies to maximise its effectiveness.