YouTube has released its first leadership board listing the top 10 most watched video ads in April. Leading the way with over 44 million views in less than one month is Evian: Baby&Me / The New Evian Film.
April’s list also features the first Spanish language ad with Nestle’s Learning to Share, showing how brands are using YouTube to effectively reach the Hispanic market.
“The stunning success of these ads show how brand content is not just fodder for water cooler conversation, but is actively shaping what matters in culture today,” says Tara Levy, director Ads Marketing, YouTube. “April also saw the first non-English language ad to make the U.S. list, demonstrating the power of YouTube to engage any audience.”
In order to produce the leaderboard, YouTube used an algorithm that factors in paid views, organic views, and view rate (how much of a video people choose to watch).
Watch the top 10 videos in most-viewed order below:
1. Evian: Baby&Me / The New Evian Film
2. Dove: Dove Real Beauty Sketches
3. Kmart: Ship My Pants
4. Pepsi: Pepsi Beyoncé “Mirrors” – Official 2013 video – #BeyHereNow
5. Old Spice: Old Spice | Watermelon
6. Activision: The Replacers – Official Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 Video
7. Old Spice: Old Spice | Shower
8. Sauza: Sauza Tequila – Make It With A Lifeguard
9. Kraft Foods: Rob Dyrdek Lunchables Uploaded Water Balloon
10. Nestlé: Nestlé® El Mejor Nido – Learning to Share
GroupM predicts that global ad spend will top $547 billion next year, up from $524 billion this year. While television will still capture the biggest share of that 12-figure pie (41%), digital's share will grow from 31% to 33%.
Brand advertisers and their agencies only want to pay for mobile ads that are seen by a person.
Retailer Tops Unruly’s Annual Top 20; List Features Creatives From 10 Different Countries
Brands have been upping their investments in new ad products from popular social media services, but are they getting their money's worth?