ClickZ provides how to's and commentary by and for digital marketing and advertising practitioners. We usually have a complete stable of contributors for our columns, which examine best practices and trends in social media marketing and advertising, email marketing, search advertising and search engine optimization, and analytics.
Occasionally, we have openings on ClickZ.com and ClickZ.Asia for regular columnists who can commit to writing a column 1x every 2 or 4 weeks.
Guidelines for all contributors:
- Content must be exclusive to ClickZ. Was the content – column, infographic, video - published earlier on an agency blog or was it pitched simultaneously to another publication? If it's not exclusive, we will have to pass on your offer.
- All contributions must be informational and not self-promotional in any way. That means authors must refrain from mentioning their company or company products in their columns. The only time an author's name can be mentioned is in his/her online C.V.
- Use subheads or bullet points to break up key points or takeaways.
- Include images. If writing about an advertising campaign, please be sure to include an image or two of creative. We're talking about advertising, after all!
- Transparency is a must. If you have a business relationship or a financial interest in a service or product you are writing about, please disclose it. It can be as simple as, "When our agency worked with XYZ, we learned…"
- If you retained a public relations firm to pitch a column idea, remember: Our readers want to hear from you, not your hired guns.
We also publish a limited number of "one-off" or guest contributions. For one-offs, preference is given to:
- Chief marketing officers from a brand who can discuss a unique marketing challenge they've overcome.
- Contributions that are interactive or feature multi-media, such as a video tutorial, an interactive tool that shows how a concept works (e.g., how does retargeting work), or slideshow (e.g., Top 50 Brands in Content Marketing). For example, don't only tell us how website optimization works – show us some examples!
- Or if you can take a contrarian point of view on a popular marketing topic – and defend it - we'd love to hear about it.
Please send us a brief bio, URL, e-mail, and snail mail address. Your company, title, and phone number are, of course, valuable as well.
We look forward to hearing your ideas.
The ClickZ Editors