DNA of a Great M-Commerce Site Part 2: The 12 Pillars of Mobile Design
What you’ll learn
This report introduces and explains the 12 key pillars of effective mobile web design, using best-practice examples and expert advice. It will help you create an m-commerce site to meet the needs of the modern multichannel consumer in an efficient and elegant manner in order to maximize conversions online and offline.
Using a wealth of case studies and actionable tips from experts, this 78-page report will help you to:
- Use knowledge about the audience to create a user-focused experience.
- Help users accomplish tasks with elegant simplicity.
- Plan a site that personalizes and adapts to contextual relevance and intention.
- Reduce friction on the path to purchase.
- Anticipate customer desires and concerns when collecting personal data and making payments.
- Establish consistency and maximize credibility with cross-platform brand and identity.
- Express your physical-world expertise online.
- Meet the customer’s desire for multichannel convenience.
- Take a holistic approach to cross-platform conversion.
- Deliver a user experience that is optimized for usability and mobile-friendliness.
- Obsess about the need for speed to maximize usability and performance.
This is part 2 of a three-part series. Click here for DNA of a Great M-Commerce Site: Part 1.
Who is the report aimed at?
We think the report will benefit the following types of role:
- Head of Digital Strategy
- Head of Mobile Strategy
- Head of IT
- Marketing Director
- Finance Director
- Head of Customer Experience
- Project Managers
- Technical Project Managers
- UX Manager
- Technical Lead
- Business Analyst
List of contributors / experts
- Doug Brams, Principal UX Architect, Mobile Web, Home Depot
- Ross Sleight, Chief Strategy Officer, Somo
- Greg Taylor, General Manager, Tigerspike Next
- Barbara Ballard, Director of Research, Radius
- Joe Pendlebury, retail UX consultant, UXchap.com
- Daniel Rowles, CEO, Target Internet
- Charlotte Boulogne, Customer Experience Consultant at ClickTale
- Robert Gaines, Web and App Developer
- Daniel Potter Web and UX Designer, Wind Water Web
- Esther Duran, User Experience Designer, MullenLowe Profero
- Patrick Meenan, Founder, WebPagetest.org
- Daniel Rosen, Global Director of Advertising, Telefónica
About the author
Andy Favell is a freelance mobile and digital consultant, journalist and web editor. He advises companies on their mobile, digital, media and content strategy. He has been writing about business and technology since the 1990s, for numerous titles, including a weekly column on mobile best practice for ClickZ.