A comprehensive list of this year’s most useful email marketing statistics:
1. Mobile email click-throughs grew 22.8% on Black Friday, from 44.7% in 2014 to 54.9 percent in 2015.
2. The iPhone is the most popular email client (32.9%) followed by Gmail (15.2%).
3. Mobile email will account for 15 to 70% of email opens, depending on your target audience, product and email type.
4. This year, 45% of email opens occurred on mobile, 36% on desktop and 19% in a webmail client.
5. 67.2% of consumers use a smartphone to check their email, 42,3% use a tablet while 93,3% uses desktop environment.
6. B2C emails get 57.% more opens on mobile than B2B email.
7. Webmail and desktop opens have steadily declined throughout 2015, each dropping 13% since January.
8. The biggest turnoffs people have with mobile email are:
- Receiving too many (44%)
- Not relevant (37%)
- Too small to read and interact with (32%)
- Website and landingpages not mobile optimized (26%)
- Not well formatted for mobile phones (21%)
9. Replies sent from phones are 54% faster than those sent from desktops.
10. Replies sent from mobile devices are 60% shorter than those sent from desktops.
11. The number of mobile e-mail users is predicted to grow 23% in 2016
12. Events (66,9% of opens), Online Services (52,9%) and Property (50,8%) sectors show the highest levels of mobile email consumption. –
13. People with general interest in Shopping have the highest open rates, click rates and conversion rates during the evening. –
14. Mobile revenue made up 20% of all email-generated revenue, growing by a third in one year. –
15. Click to open rates are 40% higher for brands that send exclusively responsive emails (14.1%) versus brands that only send non-responsive emails (10.1%).
[Sources: eMailmonday, the Ultimate mobile email stats, Adestra “Top 10 email clients”, BlueHornet “Customer Views of email marketing 2015”, DDMA “Nationale email benchmark 2015”, Litmus –”Email Analytics”, liveClicker and The Relevancy Group “Exploring the Benefits Real-Time Email – Driving Marketing Effectiveness” , Yahoo “Evolution of Conversations in the Age of Email Overload”, The Radicati Group“Email Statistics Report, 2014-2018”, Sign-up.to 2015 Email Marketing Benchmark Report , Live Intent “The People Behind the Screens: A Marketer’s Guide to Mobile Audiences”, Yesmail “Email Marketing Compass: The Season of Mobile”, Yesmail “Email Marketing Compass: The Season of Mobile”]
It probably won't come as a surprise that 2016's Cyber Monday has earned the distinction of being the biggest online sales day in US history.
Black Friday is here, but just how important is the day that has historically been the most watched of the holiday shopping season?
Black Friday and Cyber Monday are right around the corner, but the world's biggest online shopping event, Singles' Day, occurred last Friday, November 11 in China.
Has 2016 been the year of the ad blocker? The numbers of worldwide users has soared driven by mobile uptake. Ad blocking ... read more