Facebook is a powerful platform for advertisers that has grown rapidly since its humble beginnings in 2004 to become an essential social channel to advertise a product or promote a brand. Here’s everything you need to know about where the social network is at in 2015, listed in 20 handy points:
1. Daily active users reached 968 million on average by June 2015 – an increase of 17% year-over-year.
2. Mobile daily active users reached 844 million on average by June 2015 – an increase of 29% year-over-year.
3. Monthly active users hit 1.49 billion as of June 30, 2015 – an increase of 13% year-over-year.
4. Mobile MAUs were 1.31 billion as of June 30, 2015 – an increase of 23% year-over-year.
5. Approximately 83.1% of Facebook’s daily active users are outside the US and Canada.
6. The brands with the largest audiences on Facebook are Coca-Cola, McDonald’s and Red Bull:
7. The fastest growing brand pages right now are dominated by the car industry:
8. Mobile advertising revenue represented approximately 76% of advertising revenue for the second quarter of 2015, up from approximately 62% of advertising revenue in the second quarter of 2014.
9. A whopping 38.6% of internet users use Facebook:
10. People spend around 40 minutes per day on average across Facebook, Messenger, and Instagram. Compare that to:
- Instagram—21 minutes
- Pinterest—20.8 minutes
- Twitter—17 minutes
- Snapchat—17 minutes
- Ello—13 minutes
- LinkedIn—9.8 minutes
11. People share 1.3 million pieces of content on Facebook every minute of every day.
12. 27% of adults 18-29 years old have more than 500 friends in their network, while only 15% of 30-49 year olds do.
13. Facebook users view more than four billion videos a day and 75% of those video views occur on mobile devices.
14. 56% of US internet users ages 65 and older now use Facebook, up from 45% who did so in late 2013 and 35% who did so in late 2012:
15. People who never watch a video ad, but did see the impression, are still impacted:
16. Posts published from 10 – 11 PM EST get 88% more interactions than the average Facebook post.
17. Image posts get 179% more interactions than the average Facebook post.
18. Posts ending with a question get 162% more interactions than the average post.
19. Videos are the most shared post type, with 89.5 average Facebook shares.
20. Posts published on Sunday get 52.9% more interactions than the average Facebook post.
With 677 entries from 343 companies across 27 categories, ClickZ and Search Engine Watch’s inaugural mobile reader survey has been compiled and is now open for voting!
Marketing and IT functions need to work together more closely to achieve the quality of digital infrastructure their organizations need to succeed ... read more
The recent partnerships between Publicis, WPP and Tencent shows the Chinese internet giant is serious about moving into the global spotlight and maintaining a qualitative approach to its advertising offerings.
Although marketers are enjoying the benefits of programmatic branding, including its increased efficiency and reduced overall advertising costs, why are they sometimes hesitant to invest more in the area?