Content does matter. It might be a cliché, but it will never steer you wrong when we are talking about your business. Every brand has a story to tell and at the pulse of this story rests the voice of your brand. Content marketing is all about storytelling. It is the unique story of your brand. While facts are dull and mundane, stories are fascinating. So make sure your story is interesting enough to reach your target audience.
Here is a comprehensive list of tools you can use to get started and boost your brand’s content marketing efforts. To make it easy for you, we have divided these tools into five categories: content research and ideas, content organization, content creation, content promotion and distribution, and content marketing analytics and tracking. Take a look at the infographic and then get a detailed list of the tools below.
- Visual.ly: Want some creative visual inspiration for your new blog post? Log in to Visual.ly and get amazing ideas for infographics, videos, presentations, and micro content for social media.
- Quora: This is your ideal destination to pull new stuff about which no one has written about yet. Designed in the form of a question and answer format, Quora is a collection of what people are researching for on the Web and what they are asking other people.
- BuzzSumo: Discover what people are sharing the most on the Web. Use the website to get content ideas for your new article and the main ingredients required to prepare a recipe of largely sharable content. It is easy to use – just type in a particular topic or domain and find out what content performs best for it.
- Dribbble: Show, promote, discover, and explore. Get inspirations and ideas from others’ work. If you want to connect with designers from all over the world, see the screenshots of their work. Dribbble is cool and funky – you are going to love it.
- Portent’s Content Idea Generator: As the name suggests, Portent’s content idea generator tool lets you type in your favorite subject and gives you ideas for your next blog post. Just make sure you are grammatically correct.
- ContentForest: Just a single click and get multiple ideas on a topic. Get existing headlines on a particular keyword and use it as an inspiration for your content.
- HubSpot’s Blog Topic Generator: Let HubSpot’s Blog Topic Generator do the thinking for you and come up with great ideas for your next blog post. Enter three keywords and get at least five ideas. This means just three words and get ideas for a whole week for your blog. To add, apart form great ideas it will help you come up with great titles for your post.
- Evernote: Evernote does not allow you to forget anything. Gather and assemble all your stuff – photos, documents, task lists, business cards – all in one dashboard. Create notes, share with colleagues, and keep track of new content and ideas. It helps you keep your organized no matter if you’re at home, work, or while on the go.
- Curata: Having difficulty organizing your content? Get Curata. Curata lets you find, share, and organize the most relevant content. It’s with Curata that creation meets curation.
- Pocket: Pocket allows you to save videos, photos, articles, and other resources so that you can view them later while writing a piece of content. Pocket is a darling because it lets you organize your resources from more than 300 apps.
- Pinterest: Find and save all things that inspire you. Organize the content from other websites and pull it when you need it.
- Trello: And we cannot skip Trello. This project management tool lets you do everything from organizing your content ideas to creating an editorial calendar to tracking the performance.
Content Creation and Design:
- Storify: Read stories posted by the best storytellers – journalists, bloggers, and editors. These are the stories created from trending social media updates – stories made form images, videos, and links. What’s more, you can use any of these elements to create your own story.
- Contently: If one word could describe this tool, it would be “awesome.” Contently is the place for original and engaging storytelling. By encouraging anyone who is a great storyteller, Contently is worth all that is said about it.
- Scripted: Scripted is where you can hire freelancers for your blogs, articles, whitepapers, social media updates, and everything else. There are just three simple steps: mention your content needs, let the tool automatically match your needs with the best writers, and get great content. Isn’t that simple?
- Skyword: Create content that converts. Skyword is for you, whether you are an agency, brand, media, or retail.
- Copify: Place an order for great content with a few clicks and get quality content from approved writers. The numbers do the talking for Copify – 1,029 freelancers, 52,591 competed copies, 21,388,070 words written.
- Elance: Browse through the profiles of thousands of writers and create your own workforce. Get the right work done by the right people at the right time.
- 99designs: Choose from thousands of readymade designs and set your copyright on it. Infographics, logo designs, Web designs, and everything that you might need for your business.
- Infogr.am: The simplest way to create infographics and charts. Get them published online, on your social media network, or embed them on your blog post. It’s as easy as that.
- Piktochart: Create beautiful infographics and tell the visual story of your brand. Choose from thousands of templates, edit your infographics, and share them.
- Swiftly: Spend just a few bucks and get your logos improved, business cards updated, and photos retouched. All design tasks done for you within a few minutes.
Content Promotion and Distribution:
- Outbrain: Outbrain claims to be the world’s largest and most trusted content delivery platform by bringing great pieces of content to audience from all over the world.
- BuzzStream: Looking for a platform to promote your content? Try BuzzStream and build strong relationships with your customers. Build links, increase traffic, and get found – this is what BuzzStream is all about.
- HARO: Do you still think there are no free lunches? HARO is your source for free publicity. Share your content and get feedback from public.
- Buffer: Share with Buffer and schedule your content across different social media platforms. Post your content at the best time optimized for your account or according to your choice.
- StumbleUpon: Collects great pages and content from the Web. When users type in their interest, the tool may recommend your website, content, photos or videos by you, if they are awesome enough to be shown.
- Promoted Posts on Facebook: Anything to say about this? We all know how Facebook Promoted Posts improve the visibility of your content by numbers which it would have never attained organically.
- SlideShare: Share your content – presentations, infographics, documents, and a lot more. SlideShare is all about discovering, sharing, and presenting.
Content Marketing Analytics and Tracking:
- Google Analytics: Get insights on how your customers are engaging with your content. See the full picture across ads, websites, videos, and social networks.
- Woopra: Woopra gives you a real-time analysis of how your target audience is engaging with your content. Identify the loop holes and correct them for better results.
- Like Explorer: Use Like Explorer to find out how many people liked your content on Facebook, Twitter, Google+, or other social networks.
- Audience Insights: This Facebook tool tells you whether your content is reaching the right people or not. You can adjust your target audience based on the data it gives you.
- Unmetric: Then there is this data analytics platform to measure your content’s performance on various social media networks. Unmetric allows you to plan, organize, and measure your content better.
- Socialbakers: Socialbakers helps you know which of your content is giving the best performance socially. Measure, compare, and contrast the performance of your content across different social media platforms.
Enhancing your content marketing efforts can be difficult if you do not have the right tools at the right place. So use these tools and create some amazing pieces of content for your brand. Are there any other tools you use in your brand’s content marketing strategy? If we missed some important tools, let us know in the comments section below.
Homepage image via Shutterstock.
Digital video distribution keeps evolving and marketers predict an increase of budget for video advertising. What else should we expect? Trusted Media Brands asked 300 ... read more
Tech-enhanced customer experiences have always had a very receptive audience in China, and as a result, VR technologies are being widely embraced by both brands and platforms.
Header bidding is a programmatic technique that allows publishers to offer their inventory through multiple ad exchanges before they serve up ads from their ad server.
All top Chinese retailers, banks and internet companies share mobile data in earning releases. None of the top 10 US retailers do, nor does Google. US banks and Facebook are better.