‘Tis the season (for a whole load Christmas infographics). Here we’ve rounded up the most interesting and useful: from ecommerce trends through to a list of the most effective holiday marketing email subject line terms.
1. Millennials to lead mobile Christmas shopping spree
OK, we hate the term millennials, but Dynatrace said it – not us. Key findings include:
- 42% of all consumers (60% of millennials) plan to do more Christmas shopping on their smartphone or tablet this year than last year
- 50% of millennials (60% in the UK) will do more shopping on their smartphone/tablet than they will in-store this year
- Over half (51%) of millennials say they are likely to complain about poor online shopping experiences on social media, spreading the word of retailers’ failures amongst other prospective shoppers.
2. 10 stats to help drive sales on Twitter this Christmas
More than two-thirds (68%) of UK Twitter users are likely to purchase from a business they follow on Twitter, according to Twitter research conducted by Millward Brown for Twitter.
3. Three online retail trends for 2016
Mobile, millennials (argh – again!), and beacons, says elasticpath.
4. Are you ready for holiday returns season?
This infographic looks at return policy best practice: a very important part of ecommerce sales over the holiday period, considering return rates are expected to exceed 30%.
5. Retail responsiveness in the holidays
Sproutsocial takes a look at how consumers engage with retailers on social over the holidays and how the industry responds. Plus, they’ve compiled a few tips to help make this a happy holiday for those who use social wisely.
6. Holiday email marketing strategy
In a recent survey, Campaigner found that 38% of Internet retailers are unprepared for the biggest season of the year for online shopping. In the spirit of giving, here are four email marketing tips to help you keep your holiday campaign off the naughty list:
7. Top 20 most effective holiday subject line words
25 of Vertical Response’s favorite holiday email subject lines. Use them for inspiration as you plan your campaigns:
8. 5 ways to unwrap holiday 2015
Based on Facebook data from across 34 countries and surveys conducted in 21 of those markets, the social network compiled 5 essential insights to help marketers maximise holiday success: