Fact: social conversation at last March’s SES New York spiked so high that it overloaded a popular URL shortener for a few minutes.
That’s how you know this show isn’t playing around when it comes to social.
But with 80-plus sessions, 3,000-plus attendees, and even more thousands of tweets posted, it can be hard to map a social plan of action. But no worries. This post is designed to help you – the social marketer, or maybe someone just interested in social – get the most out of SES SF next week.
Three things you need to know: where to go, what to do, and how to connect.
Where to Go
If you’re looking to dive deep into the ins-and-outs of all things social marketing, make sure you hit these sessions:
Day 1. Wednesday, September 11.
- 10:30 a.m. Maximizing Social Advertising for Lead Gen, Engagement and ROI
- 11:45 a.m. Secrets of Mobile Video: YouTube and Instagram and Vine, Oh My!
- 11:45 a.m. Developing an Integrated Social-Search Strategy
- 2:15 p.m. Paid Organic Social Content Distribution Unraveled
- 2:50 p.m. The Marriage of Social and PR: Making It Work for Your Brand
- 3:50 p.m. Building a Cohesive B2B Social Media Strategy
Day 2. Thursday, September 12.
- 10:15 a.m. Driving Value from Earned Media through Quality Content
- 11:30 a.m. Social Publicity and Publishing: How to Earn It, Grow It, Brand It
- 2:30 p.m. Global Social Media Meets Local ROI: Secrets to the Strategic Thinking & Tactics Driving Social
- 4:00 p.m. Beyond the Like: Social Media Tracking, Testing and Targeting
Day 3. Friday, September 13.
What to Do
This may be the only show so social that it needs two official hashtags. (Told you SES wasn’t playing around.)
First up, the usual suspect: #SESSF. Still a great way to follow and join the conference conversation.
Great social is also about experiences, though. And that’s where hashtag number two – #didyouseethat – comes in. SES and Webtrends (full disclosure: Webtrends pays my bills) have teamed up to create a one-of-a-kind VIP experience that rewards you just for tweeting.
Here’s how it works: anytime you see/hear/learn something worth sharing from SES, use the #didyouseethat hashtag. Every other hour, we’ll give one SES-er $100, just for tweeting.
But that’s just the appetizer. You’ll also get one of these VIP cards at the show. And these cards are your ticket to a $2,000 VIP experience – of your choice – all expenses paid.
To enter, just tweet a picture of your card with #didyouseethat. And at the end of the show, one of you will go home with your choice of:
- A VIP vacation. $2,000 to build your dream trip. Airfare and hotel on Webtrends.
- Tech toys. A $2,000 gift bag full of everything from iPads and Beats by Dre headphones to Nike FuelBands and Nest thermostats.
- Shopping Spree. Pick your store: Nordstrom, Saks Fifth Avenue, or Bloomingdale’s. We’ll pick up the tab ($2,000).
It’s really that simple. No sales pitch. No hidden marketing message. Just fun, interactive social – the way it should be. Full details here.
How to Connect
Networking doesn’t come easily for everyone. Thankfully, there’s Vivastream.
If you haven’t used it before, Vivastream is a social platform – available via desktop and mobile app – that makes connecting with other SES attendees painless. Think of it as an extension of your LinkedIn. Simply activate your account – which you can do with your existing LinkedIn or Facebook account – and sit back while Vivastream recommends people to meet based on your professional profile and interests.
You can also get information on breakout sessions, rate speakers, and make your mobile SES experience more than just tweeting from session and playing Candy Crush (during breaks, of course).
See You in a Week
A quick recap of what to do:
- Before SES: Get on Vivastream. Join the conversation on Twitter at #SESSF and #didyouseethat.
- At SES: Tweet everything with #SESSF and #didyouseethat.
- After SES: Go home as a social pro (and hopefully, with a $2,000 VIP prize).
See you there.
Only a few days or so into the 2017 season, here are 10 different ways that Major League Baseball teams were using social media around Opening Day last week, and what brands of all shapes and sizes can learn from these teams.
On March 23, ClickZ Intelligence held the webinar ‘The State of Social 2017’ in association with Tracx. As part of the presentation, a huge number of stats and facts were shared about social media. Here are 13 of our favorites.
Every year, the average business spends thousands of dollars on Facebook ads but has little or nothing to show for it. If this is true for your business, what can you do about it?