AMC’s “Mad Men” may be wildly popular in the advertising community, but it’s not connecting with GetGlue users as well as other shows.
The March 25 premiere attracted more than 22,000 GetGlue check-ins, after AMC ran Facebook video ads (pictured) last week that prominently encouraged viewers to check-in via the TV-focused mobile app. The pitch included a “Mad Men” GetGlue sticker.
Other cable and broadcast shows are faring better than Mad Men, which is ranked no. 70 among all shows on the platform. New York-based GetGlue shared data from a variety of programs, providing a glimpse into the realm of TV check-ins. Here is a handful of intriguing stats:
- AMC’s zombie thriller “The Walking Dead” recorded 67,449 check-ins for its Oct. 16, 2011 premiere, registering a whopping 20,000 in the show’s first 20 minutes.
- FX’s “American Horror Story” tallied 29,152 check-ins during its Oct. 5, 2011 premiere.
- ABC’s premiere of “Once Upon a Time” on Oct. 23, 2011 totaled 26,390 check-ins.
- Fox’s “Big Bang Theory” – one of TV’s best-rated shows – recently topped 2 million total check-ins. The situational comedy ranks No. 1 on GetGlue.
- Three other shows have cleared 1 million check-ins on the platform: CW’s “Nikita;” Fox’s “Glee;” and HBO’s “True Blood.”
On Monday, Netflix reported that it added 370,000 new subscribers in the U.S. in the third quarter, 20% more than the 300,000 it ... read more
Snapchat Discover has been a hit with publishers that want access to the popular messaging app’s highly-desirable audience, and some reports even ... read more
Little more than a year ago, Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg streamed the first live video from Facebook headquarters. In April of this ... read more