For the months of May and June, Internet Services was the largest advertising category, according to the latest NetRatings Online Observer report.
Approximately 40%–over one billion–of the total ad impressions for those months, as measured by NetRatings BannerTrack syndicated ad research service, fell into that category.
The Internet Services category includes advertising for: browsers/plugins, email, homepage/communities, online access and search engines.
Meanwhile, NetRatings said the top 10 ad banners during the week ending July 11 were:
- Goto.com: Type in what you’re looking for
- K-Tel Express: Click here to purchase music
- Hotmail: Click banners; easy return to Hotmail
- Hotmail: Bookmark Hotmail to save typing
- Catalog Link: Click here to request free catalogs
- Hotmail: Use nicknames for addressing email
- Yahoo: Free email at yahoo.com
- Hotmail: Send Web pages in your email9. Hotmail: Make Hotmail your home page
- Bonzi Software: Play Talking E-mail
The average Web user viewed 136.59 banners and clicked on .99 banners (about a .72% click rate).
Rankings are based on measurement of World Wide Web activity by a representative panel of more than 2,000 Internet users 18 years and older who access the Web from home.
A lot of cool stuff is happening with email today. As an email marketer doing your job day in and day out, ... read more
Despite the fact that it faces growing competition from Facebook, Instagram and Snapchat, Google-owned YouTube is still one of the most popular ... read more