Voice is the future.
According to ComScore “50% of all searches will be voice searches by 2020.”
Here are some of our key takeaways from the report that can be read in full here.
- Brands need to consider how they can make an interaction more valuable for a consumer. The innate value proposition of voice search is that it is quick, convenient, and helpful. It is only by assimilating with – and adding to -this relationship between technology and consumer that they will cut through. The Beauty and the Beast example provides an early, cautionary tale for all of us.
- Amazon is in prime position to monetize its speech recognition technology, but still faces obstacles. Sponsorship of Amazon’s Choice has been explored as a route to gain revenue without losing customers.
- Google has made speech recognition a central focus for the growth of their business. With a vast quantity of data at its disposal and increasing third-party support, Google Assistant will provide a serious threat to Amazon’s Alexa this year.
- Marketers should take advantage of technical best practices for voice search to increase visibility today. While this technology is still developing, we need to give it a helping hand as it completes its mammoth tasks.
- The best way to understand how people use speech recognition technology is to engage with it frequently. Marketers serious about pinpointing areas of opportunity should be conducting their own research at home, at work, and on the go.
Click here to read the full report