YouTube’s top 10 ads of 2015 are out, and – as predicted – many of the winners are Christmas themed. John Lewis not only takes the top spot, but features twice in the list.
What can we expect for 2016? “In 2016 two huge sporting events are likely to dominate searches on YouTube – UEFA Euro 2016 and The Olympic Games – and naturally Christmas will come round again”, says Alison Lomax, head of brand solutions at Google, said. “Brands need to make a New Year’s resolution to start preparing video content now that taps into the passions and enthusiasms stirred up by these culturally-unifying events.”
Several of the most successful ads saw amplified engagement thanks to extra content offerings – for instance, John Lewis offered a link to ‘continue the story’ while viewers of the Tesco ad could learn how to recreate some of the pranks. This is a key learning for brands planning a compelling video strategy for 2016 and smart marketers will offer a seamless pathway to discover additional relevant content.
1. John Lewis Christmas Advert 2015 #ManOnTheMoon
2. Sainsbury’s OFFICIAL Christmas Advert 2015 – Mog’s Christmas Calamity:
3. Three – When stuff sucks #makeitright (puppet advert)
4. Honda Ignition
5. M&S: CHRISTMAS TV AD 2015 – #TheArtOfChristmas
6. Tesco Halloween: Introducing Spookermarket
7. Report it to Stop it
8. Aldi Telescope Christmas Advert 2015
9. John Lewis Home Insurance Advert 2015 – Tiny Dancer
10. Hyundai : A Message to Space
Video consumption keeps increasing and Facebook is serious about a video-first world, encouraging us all to explore its full potential. Ian Crocombe, ... read more
Video content has skyrocketed over the past few years, and therefore it’s time to examine how adding SEO to your videos can impact rankings.
With more than a billion users, and billions of daily video views, gaining user attention on YouTube may seem a daunting prospect. ... read more