YouTube’s top 10 ads of 2015 are out, and – as predicted – many of the winners are Christmas themed. John Lewis not only takes the top spot, but features twice in the list.
What can we expect for 2016? “In 2016 two huge sporting events are likely to dominate searches on YouTube – UEFA Euro 2016 and The Olympic Games – and naturally Christmas will come round again”, says Alison Lomax, head of brand solutions at Google, said. “Brands need to make a New Year’s resolution to start preparing video content now that taps into the passions and enthusiasms stirred up by these culturally-unifying events.”
Several of the most successful ads saw amplified engagement thanks to extra content offerings – for instance, John Lewis offered a link to ‘continue the story’ while viewers of the Tesco ad could learn how to recreate some of the pranks. This is a key learning for brands planning a compelling video strategy for 2016 and smart marketers will offer a seamless pathway to discover additional relevant content.
1. John Lewis Christmas Advert 2015 #ManOnTheMoon
2. Sainsbury’s OFFICIAL Christmas Advert 2015 – Mog’s Christmas Calamity:
3. Three – When stuff sucks #makeitright (puppet advert)
4. Honda Ignition
5. M&S: CHRISTMAS TV AD 2015 – #TheArtOfChristmas
6. Tesco Halloween: Introducing Spookermarket
7. Report it to Stop it
8. Aldi Telescope Christmas Advert 2015
9. John Lewis Home Insurance Advert 2015 – Tiny Dancer
10. Hyundai : A Message to Space
Retailer Tops Unruly’s Annual Top 20; List Features Creatives From 10 Different Countries
While it typically conjures up images of consumers clamoring for deals on big ticket items, American retailer Walgreens is hoping that this year it can be the first place consumers turn for inexpensive gifts like wine, candles and small toys.
Yesterday, Google announced that it is acquiring FameBit, an influencer marketing platform. The startup, which was founded in 2013, helps brands connect with ... read more