Facebook’s premium ads are getting a facelift. The company has been testing several soon-to-be-announced ad units, which leaked documents claim will produce more engagement, better recall, and a “significant increase in purchase intent.”
The new ads will reportedly be announced at a Feb. 29 media event in New York. Peter Corbett, CEO of iStrategyLabs, first shared the documents (embedded below) in a Gigaom post yesterday.
Among the changes they discuss:
- larger ad formats
- when a person seeing the ad has Facebook friends who are fans/likers of a brand’s page, the ads will expand to include social context about the friends
- ability to change an ad’s content on a daily basis by authoring a post on the brand’s Facebook page
- more interactivity, such as letting users comment under ads, similar to page posts
- there will be six types of premium ads: Photo, Video, Question, Status, Event, and Link
- reporting and metrics are not being upgraded
- the old premium ads will be phased out, starting Feb. 29
- Marketplace Ads/self-service ads will not be affected
Facebook’s IPO preparations haven’t slowed its Marketing Solutions team from continuing to iterate products for brands. In the last week alone, ad industry observers have learned that Sponsored Stories and self-service ad targeting options are becoming more nuanced. Facebook’s timeline-styled pages for brands are also reportedly on the way.
Meanwhile, here are the slides Facebook’s Marketing Solutions team has evidently been sharing with advertisers and agencies:
As it prepares for a 2017 IPO that could be the largest in the social media space since Facebook went public in 2012, all eyes are on Snapchat.
What would we do without social media?
Facebook isn't just the world's largest social network. In the past two years, it has also become one of the world's most popular online destinations for consuming video content.
If your responsibilities have anything to do with marketing, advertising, PR or social media, you can’t afford to be camera-shy in this day and age.