Yesterday, Pixability announced the industry’s first programmatic YouTube media buying platform, Pixability v3, and revealed that Resolution Media, an Omnicom Media Group company, is one of the agencies and brands that has already been using it. Why does that make this a significant announcement?
Daryl Simm, chairman and chief executive (CEO) of Omnicom Media Group, recently told Suzanne Vranica of The Wall Street Journal that his firm has been advising clients to move 10 percent to 25 percent of their TV dollars to online video. That’s significant because his company oversees roughly $54.4 billion in advertising spending around the globe and advises advertisers such as PepsiCo, Visa, McDonald’s, and Apple. And now, one of the company’s agencies will be using Pixability v3 to accelerate media budget shift from TV to online video.
Alan Osetek, global president of Resolution Media, an Omnicom Media Group company, said, “YouTube is a critical part of many of our clients’ marketing programs.” He added, “Pixability’s v3 YouTube ad platform allows our client teams to leverage the data and analytics needed to optimize campaigns and deliver the stellar media performance our clients have come to expect from us.”
In addition to Omnicom’s Resolution Media, Pixability v3 customers include PUMA, L’Oréal, Sharp Electronics, Mindshare, and ZenithOptimedia. Pixability v3 campaigns have achieved up to 10 times higher click-through rates, 600 percent lift in organic traffic, 40 percent lower cost per view, and 50 percent reduction in customer acquisition cost.
In an interview last Thursday, ClickZ asked Rob Ciampa, the chief marketing officer of Pixability, what made this week’s announcement significant. Ciampa said, “The gist? The massive (aka ‘anticipated’) shift of media dollars to online video is impeded by a lack of technology that can make it effective and transparent. We believe we’ve solved the YouTube side of the equation with the industry’s first programmatic platform. We’re six years old, launching v3 of our product, and have proven ourselves with many of the world’s most demanding brands and agencies.”
Pixability v3, which uses the YouTube Data API, delivers Big Data insights to marketers as well as extensive, professional-grade YouTube TrueView advertising controls to media professionals that remove the complexities that accompany growing a brand’s media spend on YouTube.
Pixability v3 enables media professionals to:
- Achieve media transparency. Show where ads are running, who is watching, how much ads cost, and how they perform.
- Streamline YouTube campaign management. Remove the complexity of YouTube ad planning, buying, and reporting with pre-configured workflows and fully integrated targeting.
- Eliminate YouTube execution risk. Hyper-target and optimize before and during campaign execution, and automatically adjust sub-campaigns and ad type testing to maximize return on investment.
- Deliver verifiable YouTube results. Provide complete campaign targeting and buying transparency, measured against both brand-defined key performance indicators (KPIs) and Pixability’s extensive database of industry-specific benchmarks.
Bettina Hein, founder and CEO of Pixability, said, “Brands are vastly increasing their digital allocations, and TV budgets are shifting to online video faster than most predicted. YouTube is leading the charge.” She added, “Many brands are wasting their media dollars on inefficient, poorly targeted buys; Pixability v3 comes at a crucial time. YouTube advertising done right introduces a huge business opportunity for brands.”
Key product advancements in Pixability v3 include:
- Programmatic ad targeting that algorithmically identifies, scores, and hyper-targets the most relevant and timely content, placements and channels across the entire YouTube ecosystem.
- Automated campaign optimization that dynamically measures YouTube campaigns against industry and competitive benchmarks, and adjusts ad content, budget levels, and placement timing.
- Influencer/creator scoring and monitoring using Pixability’s in-flight analytics and extensive YouTube video and channel database.
- Video marketing data integration with agency dashboards and reporting platforms.
Last Thursday, Andreas Goeldi, chief technology officer of Pixability, told ClickZ, “With Pixability v1 and v2, we established YouTube success metrics, and introduced the capability to mine the entire YouTube landscape for content and creators relevant to brands.” He added, “With Pixability v3, we continue the advancement of our YouTube technology by automating the YouTube TrueView advertising process to maximize results. Powerful technology coupled with extensive data produces stunning performance, especially on YouTube.”
In conjunction with the v3 technology upgrades, Pixability also announced two key resources for media professionals looking to achieve optimal YouTube brand performance:
- The Pixability Campaign Benchmark Analysis introduces the first cross-industry YouTube benchmarks, derived from Pixability’s extensive data repository, to evaluate brand performance and ad campaign effectiveness. Media professionals can assess the performance of both past and present campaigns.
- The 2014 Pixability YouTube Media Guidebook is the first comprehensive resource designed to help marketers crack the YouTube ad buying challenge. The Guidebook decodes YouTube’s numerous ad offerings, and highlights the software tools now available to make planning, running, and reporting on YouTube ad campaigns easy.
Google sparked a small firestorm last week as reports surfaced that its intelligent assistant device Google Home delivered an unsolicited advertisement to unsuspecting owners.
The companies converging on the lucrative mobile video market. Plus top tips, examples, the need for new brand strategies, and the huge impact on mobile data.
Twitter's own statistics say that videos are six times more likely to be retweeted than photos, and three times more likely than GIFs. But what is it that makes video on Twitter so effective?
Web push notifications are an interesting addition to the marketing mix. To help you understand what they mean for you, we've put together a guide with everything you need to know.