Everyday, something new is happening in the digital and increasingly social marketing world.
Consider these recent developments in online advertising and marketing:
- Google ushers in a new interface with the introduction of Google Instant.
- Facebook joins the location-based business with Foursquare and other geo-brands.
- Tudou partners with VivaKi to roll out AdSelector, a new online video ad format.
- Dentsu’s digital arm, Cyber Communications, partners with OpenX to launch an online ad exchange in Japan that will debut later this year.
It’s a challenge trying to keep up with breaking news, let alone make sense of it.
Because of that, Incisive Media’s ClickZ Asia launches today. Our goal is to serve you, as marketers in Asia Pacific, with the most up-to-date insights and best practices about marketing and advertising trends and provide perspective on the quickly evolving landscape in a wide range of disciplines – search, analytics, media planning and buying, social media, and mobile marketing.
A key feature of ClickZ Asia, like our sister site in the United States, will be our Experts columns, written by and for marketers. So far, more than 20 leading interactive marketing practitioners in the region are committed to discussing trends, sharing best practices, and more.
“As our Asian based customers continue to grow their online advertising and marketing budgets and our global customers ramp up their investments in Asia, I would like them all to know that we will be there to support them much like we do in the United States and Europe,” said Matt McGowan, publisher and head of Incisive Media, U.S. “Coupled with the launch of SES Hong Kong, the first of many conferences in Asia, we strive to be their first choice for keeping up with this ever changing and evolving industry and to helping to educate and train their teams. “
ClickZ Asia is headed up by Adaline Lau, a business journalist experienced in covering the marketing and broadcast TV industries in Asia Pacific. She will recruit and oversee the Experts contributors and will report and write in depth news reports, case studies, and features.
The Experts contributors include:
- Andrew Knott, chief digital officer, Euro RSCG Asia Pacific
- Anna Chan, managing director, Reprise Media Asia
- Antony Yiu, regional search director, iProspect North Asia; managing director, iProspect Hong Kong
- Brandon Cheung, strategic planning director, Isobar Hong Kong
- Brian Hui, vice president, head of eBusiness, Global Consumer Group, Citibank China
- Darren Yan, assistant vice president, eBusiness, Consumer Banking Group, DBS Bank Limited
- Dominic Powers, senior vice president, Asia Pacific, Epsilon International
- Eric Phu, MD, Tribal DDB Hong Kong
- Francis Kwok, founder and CEO, Radica Systems
- Ian Mckee, CEO and chief strategist, Vocanic
- Joe Nguyen, vice president, sales, Southeast Asia, comScore
- Joshua Maa, Founder, CEO, Madhouse; Founding member/board director, Mobile Marketing Association, Asia Pacific; co-chair, MMA’s Global Mobile Advertising Committee
- Mohammed Sirajuddeen, CEO, Rapp Asia
- Motoko Hunt, founder, Japanese Search Marketing Strategist, AJPR; chairman, Search Engine Marketing Professional Organization, Asia-Pacific Committee.
- Napoleon Biggs, senior vice president, head of digital integration for Asia Pacific at Fleishman-Hillard
- Patrick Tam, principal advisor, 3 Screens Strategic Advisors
- Pushkar Sane, chief digital officer, North and South Asia, Starcom MediaVest Group
- Richard Mabey, managing director, The Egg Company
- Robbie Hills, General Manager, Asia Pacific, RockYou
- Ross Settles, Knight Fellow, International Committee for Journalist
- Sara Ye, head of China, GroupM Search Marketing
- Stephen Hay, Regional Director, Asia Pacific, ICLP
- Steve Sammartino, director of planning and integration, Grey Group Australia
In search marketing, columnists will explore topics as varied as the role of search in integrated media planning, how to use search as business intelligence tools, targeting specific markets using keywords and search engine optimisation, and what brands should do to manage their reputation in China’s search results.
In upcoming social media columns, look for experts to explain how to plan a location-based advertising strategy, learn about opportunities in social gaming advertising, and review methods to ensure your social marketing campaign generates bottom line return.
For mobile marketing, stay tuned for tips on how best to maximise iPad’s features to enhance the app experience, ways to incorporate mobile marketing elements in the video user experience and how to maximise your ads on the mobile app and Web.
Other columns will examine the 10 golden rules of email marketing in China, privacy and best practices in email marketing, how to create value from online traffic surge in publishing, what should your boss know about analytics, ingredients of successful integrated campaigns and much more.
In addition to ClickZ Asia Experts, expect more than just headlines from the news team. We’ll provide analysis and case studies from the region including a repository of data and trends related to the online industry in Asia Pacific.
In fulfilling our mission to help interactive marketers do their jobs better, with your support, we hope to build a community that champions digital marketing in the region.
A digital marketing strategy is important for every business seeking for further growth, but how can you create an effective one? More ... read more
If you’re a brand selling high-consideration, ‘big ticket’ items like appliances, cars or luxury goods, the customer journey is vitally important.
Spotify, the popular digital music service, is getting into the video ad game with a new ad offering called “branded moments.” Currently, ... read more
User-generated content has become an important part of content marketing, with consumers being part of a brand’s strategy. How does this affect ... read more