As digital marketing evolves, so does ClickZ.
In the coming weeks, ClickZ will launch a column dedicated to social media marketing and will introduce four digital marketing practitioners to share their insights and advice as Experts on other topics.
The new Experts column, Social Media Marketing, will be written by Dave Evans, author of the book “Social Media Marketing: An Hour a Day” and founder of Digital Voodoo, a marketing technology consultancy. ClickZ readers should be familiar with Evans’ work: he’s written the E-Marketing Strategies column since 2005.
Four digital marketing practitioners will join ClickZ’s roster of Experts columnists, bringing the total to 40:
- Eric Bader, a partner in BrandInHand, a mobile marketing and media company, will contribute to the Mobile Marketing column. Prior to forming BrandInHand, Bader was managing editor of digital at MediaVest Worldwide.
- Davis Brewer, lead strategist of emerging channels at Spark Communications, a media agency specializing in digital, will also contribute to the Mobile Marketing column. Brewer began his career at an online advertising agency in San Francisco and moved to Chicago to work at an e-commerce venture before landing at Spark, part of the Publicis’ Starcom MediaVest Group family.
- Adam Cahill, SVP and general manager at Carat Boston, will contribute to the Integrated Marketing column. Cahill is responsible for the clients, culture, operations, and P&L statement of Carat’s Boston office. He has been with Carat since 2001, most recently serving as the director of client services at Carat Fusion. Before joining Carat, he worked at Agency.com and C2 Creative in New York.
- Brian Massey, a 15-year online marketing veteran, has designed the digital strategy and marketing infrastructure for a number of businesses, including his own technology consulting company. He will be one of the Behavioral Marketing column writers, beginning in January. Massey founded Conversion Sciences to transform the Internet from a giant digital brochure stand to a place where people find the answers they seek.
Highlights of other changes in the ClickZ Experts lineup include:
- Robin Neifield, who has been writing the Behavioral Marketing column, will take over the E-Marketing Strategies column in January. Neifield is CEO and cofounder of NetPlus Marketing, an interactive agency established in 1996 to focus exclusively on online marketing and advertising best practices. She’s been writing for ClickZ since 2006.
- The Digital Marketing Trends column will launch this week. Contributing to this column will be Gary Stein, director of strategy for Ammo Marketing in San Francisco and a ClickZ columnist since 2002, and Denuo Play’s Matt Story, an expert in digital game marketing.
- The Emerging Marketing Tools column will launch next week. It will be written by Sean Carton, chief strategy officer at idfive in Baltimore. Carton marked his 10th anniversary writing for ClickZ last month.
- Two long-time online marketing pros will write the Planning the Buy column, which begins this week: Harry Gold, CEO and cofounder of Overdrive, and Hollis Thomases, president and founder of WebAdvantage.net.
ClickZ plans to add at least one more column and anticipates recruiting at least one more Expert in the near future. Stay tuned.
Despite the fact that it faces growing competition from Facebook, Instagram and Snapchat, Google-owned YouTube is still one of the most popular ... read more
Amazon prides itself on being the most “customer-centric” company in the world, but according to investigative journalism non-profit ProPublica, Amazon’s algorithms are often anything but ... read more